Fun poll - Love or Hate relationship

devynnogood

Just for fun, does your chameleon love or hate you? Thought all the answers would be fun and I'm curious to see which answer I get more of. Seems like everyone's chameleon has that love/hate relationship towards their human. Sometimes you get the chameleons where no matter how hard you try to love them, they just don't want to give the love back. Then we got the extremely friendly chameleons that are like mini dogs:LOL:

I've had chameleons that are very easy going and some that are terrors. I had one many years ago that took the cake for being a terror. His name was Henry and he was a veiled...and a good breeder too...but he would chase me down the branches and across a room to bite me. I used to have to quickly but gently so I didn't break many bones, grab his casque to stop him. When you tried to put crickets in hismcage he would race after you to bite you even though he was hungry! I loved him even though he didn't "love" me! He was a true character!

I've had chameleons that are very easy going and some that are terrors. I had one many years ago that took the cake for being a terror. His name was Henry and he was a veiled...and a good breeder too...but he would chase me down the branches and across a room to bite me. I used to have to quickly but gently so I didn't break many bones, grab his casque to stop him. When you tried to put crickets in hismcage he would race after you to bite you even though he was hungry! I loved him even though he didn't "love" me! He was a true character!
That's terrifying! lol

Out of my entire bunch, I have one who is new and still looks at me with suspicion! Lol. But I am 100% sure he does not hate me! What I am 100% sure of is the fact that the rest of them surely do not act like they object to my presence!

Lol wow :eek: runs to try and bite you. I did notice that most people say that veiled are less friendly.
Well it’s too soon to tell if my panther loves me lol. How often do you guys handle in a day to know ?
Can I pretend mine loves me already;)

I don't think our chameleon hates us x) he rarely puffs or hisses and lately has not been as hidey as before. He does still prefer walking on a branch instead of our hands, but when we have to handle him, he's more calmer than before when he was little.

Pretty sure My male veiled that’s about 3 months old is already plotting against me. He gets where just the tip of his head sticks out of his pothos so he can see me but I can’t see him, if I go to change anything in his enclosure he runs like the wind lol

Lol wow :eek: runs to try and bite you. I did notice that most people say that veiled are less friendly.
Well it’s too soon to tell if my panther loves me lol. How often do you guys handle in a day to know ?
Can I pretend mine loves me already;)
My Panther is 4 months old and we try to take him out once a day and put him on his structure in the window so he can bask in natural sunlight. So far he's more on the hate side of things than love. Hopefully with time he'll finally realize I'm not going to eat him. :rolleyes:

2 parsons that regard me with suspicion, but don’t turn stress colors or show aggression from gentle handling and will eat from hand. I also have one adult, male, veiled, that runs down to lunge and bluff at me and typically will not back down from a fight, through he occasionall runs. He has bitten me through heavy leather gloves and drawn blood! I can imagine an angry parsons bite! The parsons are subadult, wild caught animals and have only been with me for about 9 months.

My veiled boy is the sweetest!! Once I open the door to his enclosure he hurry’s over to crawl all over me! He seems to love everyone! My panther boy is also a love, he also hurrys over to my hand to see what treats I have for him for the day! He crawls right on my hand and all over me as well!! My new furcifer verrucosus is starting to trust/love me, he does not run away anymore and will take a treat from my hand but does not climb right on yet!

246BB9DA-99FE-4BF8-A57A-7633B8945446.jpeg
Veiled
He can be nice one day and mean the next!
I think he might be bipolar. Lol
Maybe I should medicate him?!

Back
Top Bottom