Frustrated with Ordering Cickets

pinocchiosmommy

I am getting so frustrated with ordering crickets. I ordered some that arrived on Tues $30 for supposed to be 1000 got a bunch of dead ones and about 200 live ones. I order some off a new company. So the 1st company said they would replace the dead ones. I get to boxes in the mail today. One full of live ones. And one with a few dead ones. After I emailed the 2nd company, I relized theirs are the live ones. The first company sucks, and I wont say the name of the company because they are a sponsor. I love them for everything but these crickets. I just wish crickets could handle shipping better.

Thats exactly why I turned to Roaches lol I have 4 different species. I only get crickets once in a great while now. Its funny to see all of my chameleons get excited over crickets when they use to turn their noses up at them lol.

Try and find black crickets they dont die as easily.

I have been considering roaches. I was just wanting to wait til my next local show to get some to try them first. Now I think I should just order some.

try growing your own live cham food , cheaper than messing about with unreliable companies :D

I've tried to raise cricket a coulpe times but I can never seem to get them to hatch. I think I'm going to try dubia roaches.

I have been considering roaches. I was just wanting to wait til my next local show to get some to try them first. Now I think I should just order some.

You should order a couple different species to see which are popular with your guys before starting a colony. All of mine love the fast movers like lobster and turkish roaches.

You should order a couple different species to see which are popular with your guys before starting a colony. All of mine love the fast movers like lobster and turkish roaches.

I dont know if I can handle the fast movers though. I kinda have a roach phobia that I'm trying to overcome. lol.

Please contact the company you are having a problem with.

I have and the company have great customer service, and I will still order other things from them. They are a great company. I'm not wanting to bash them. I'm just frustrated with crickets dying during shipping.

I had the same thing happen to me twice when buying Crickets at the Repticon Show. I was desperate for crickets so I went to petco and they have the really small ones and so far so good with those. What other insect can I feed that can gut load? I also bought some waxworms but have not tried to get Ozzie to eat them as of yet.

Can you please PM me the name of the company so I don't also waste my money to only order dead ones ?

You can gutload lots of other insects or worms. Super worms can be gutloaded so can most roaches. I think I'm going to try to start raising a conoly of each, but only two for my five reptiles like the super worms. Mantis are also another option that I haven't tried yet. I just think that there has to be better options for getting feeders!

Just received my reply from them and they offered to send me another box, or a store credit. I took the credit after two boxes of dead crickets, and waiting two whole days for they to show up. I'm not blaming the company. They are great to deal with. I think my fedex man might be shaking the boxes. I the fact that I live in the middle of nowhere on bumpy roads might be the cause,

I forgot where you live in Ohio ..But I used to find it easier to hit up a show once a month and get 1000s for $15. Then I just took the vendors number and rang them whenever I needed bugs without having to go to show .Now I just email the day of and I get my order that day if placed by noon .

I dont know if I can handle the fast movers though. I kinda have a roach phobia that I'm trying to overcome. lol.

Oh I can understand that! I used those long feeder tweezers for the first year lol Now they dont bother me. I actually enjoy the satisfaction of seeing how healthy my chameleons are from feeders I raise!

Open to suggestions...

My Li'l Josh (Veiled Cham) is about 10 months now, and still doesn't eat the way I'd like him to. when he was a little baby he reallllly ate, but the last 3 months or so, not to much. He's active, has good color, and good poop- though not every day- so I think it's either just his personality or the long dreary winter.

But I've worked pretty hard to be able to raise all his food. I've even gotten pretty good at breeding grasshoppers. I have superworm coming out my ears (even though I've learned to cool them down. I've got a little Dubia colony going- but I have yet to see him eat even one- it's like they scare him or something. Anyone have that problem?

Anyone have any luck growing hornworms?

My Li'l Josh (Veiled Cham) is about 10 months now, and still doesn't eat the way I'd like him to. when he was a little baby he reallllly ate, but the last 3 months or so, not to much. He's active, has good color, and good poop- though not every day- so I think it's either just his personality or the long dreary winter.

But I've worked pretty hard to be able to raise all his food. I've even gotten pretty good at breeding grasshoppers. I have superworm coming out my ears (even though I've learned to cool them down. I've got a little Dubia colony going- but I have yet to see him eat even one- it's like they scare him or something. Anyone have that problem?

Anyone have any luck growing hornworms?

I've never grown them but I've heard that chams really love hornworms.

Oh they certainly do. Very reliable hydration delivery. Little Josh also likes cabbage moth caterpillars. I'm going to try to extend their season this year. (I do a lot of gardening I think the cabbage moth caterpillars probably are much better nutritionally because of the gut load, and they're not so plumbpwith water.

Back
Top Bottom