Fruits and Greens Help

Kylarben92

I have bought a few of the approved greens and fruits approved for Chems. And I'm just wondering how to get them to eat it. I put them in her bowl that I got and hung up by her vines so she is able to access it pretty easier. She ate a couple crickets I put in there so I know she knows where it is. But she wasnt interested in the fruit. She isnt that old still a baby. I chopped them up super tiny. Is it bc she is still young or idk. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Have only had her for 2 days now. I made a post yesterday. And have gotten my habitat to the levels yall have suggested. Her Humidy levels fluctuate from around 49 to 60. Depends 0n when I spray the plants down. I'm still working on keeping her temp constant. But it is improving and have new things coming to help with that. And ending this with saying thank you all so much for the help. Will deff keep updating and posting to make sure I'm helping Iris thrive and survive to her and mine best ability!

Hi there. So daytime humidity for your veiled should be between 30-50% max during the day. It can shoot up right after misting but you want your ambient to be stable.

As for the fruit and veg... Do away with this. They are not meant to have a diet of fruit and vegetables. You will pass those nutrients to your cham through gutloading your crickets with it. So wonderful to feed to your bugs but not meant for your new baby. :)

Not sure if I gave you the list for gutloading... But this is what you want to use. A variety of veg with some fruit. Avoid using Spinach because it will bind calcium.

chameleon-gutload.jpg

Hi there. So daytime humidity for your veiled should be between 30-50% max during the day. It can shoot up right after misting but you want your ambient to be stable.

As for the fruit and veg... Do away with this. They are not meant to have a diet of fruit and vegetables. You will pass those nutrients to your cham through gutloading your crickets with it. So wonderful to feed to your bugs but not meant for your new baby. :)

Not sure if I gave you the list for gutloading... But this is what you want to use. A variety of veg with some fruit. Avoid using Spinach because it will bind calcium.

View attachment 264798
Thank u! Yeah u sent me that. I put some in the crickets cage also. Ur lists is where I got the options. And well how do I drop the humidy? At first I was having trouble with low humidity now it's to high lol. But I bought a thermometer and a hydrometer. And its digital instant reads. Okay I'll forgot feeding it any fruits or greens. Was just trying to find any food source she would eat. Thank u again!

Well...even if she doesn't eat it it can be food for the insects!
Veileds don't usually eat any greens, fruit or veggies until they are mature....and even then...go very easy on the fruit.
Okay I will keep that in mind. I'll just feed them to the crickets. Thank u so much!

I have bought a few of the approved greens and fruits approved for Chems. And I'm just wondering how to get them to eat it. I put them in her bowl that I got and hung up by her vines so she is able to access it pretty easier. She ate a couple crickets I put in there so I know she knows where it is. But she wasnt interested in the fruit. She isnt that old still a baby. I chopped them up super tiny. Is it bc she is still young or idk. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Have only had her for 2 days now. I made a post yesterday. And have gotten my habitat to the levels yall have suggested. Her Humidy levels fluctuate from around 49 to 60. Depends 0n when I spray the plants down. I'm still working on keeping her temp constant. But it is improving and have new things coming to help with that. And ending this with saying thank you all so much for the help. Will deff keep updating and posting to make sure I'm helping Iris thrive and survive to her and mine best ability!
https://www.chameleonforums.com/blogs/chameleon-herbivory.2426/

View attachment 264798
While I have u replying. I have another question if u dont mind what's the best thing to use to clean the bottom of their enclosures? Or just hot water and paper towels? And how often should I clean out the bottom

Thank u! Yeah u sent me that. I put some in the crickets cage also. Ur lists is where I got the options. And well how do I drop the humidy? At first I was having trouble with low humidity now it's to high lol. But I bought a thermometer and a hydrometer. And its digital instant reads. Okay I'll forgot feeding it any fruits or greens. Was just trying to find any food source she would eat. Thank u again!
While I have u replying. I have another question if u dont mind what's the best thing to use to clean the bottom of their enclosures? Or just hot water and paper towels? And how often should I clean out the bottom

Well as far as the cage do you have multiple sides covered with plastic now?

For spot cleaning (everyday) I use hot water and a little dawn dish soap. Then wipe off really well. When I do my deep cleaning once a month I first use the hot water and dawn then wipe back out then I use a quaternary clearner. I spray it on a paper towel so it does not spray on the plants etc. Then I wipe the bottom of the cage out really well with it. Let it air out about 10-15 minutes before I put my cham back in. I ONLY use this on the floor panel. Nothing else. But with Covid finding something like this is going to be hard right now https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B008XJWP8K/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Well as far as the cage do you have multiple sides covered with plastic now?

For spot cleaning (everyday) I use hot water and a little dawn dish soap. Then wipe off really well. When I do my deep cleaning once a month I first use the hot water and dawn then wipe back out then I use a quaternary clearner. I spray it on a paper towel so it does not spray on the plants etc. Then I wipe the bottom of the cage out really well with it. Let it air out about 10-15 minutes before I put my cham back in. I ONLY use this on the floor panel. Nothing else. But with Covid finding something like this is going to be hard right now https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B008XJWP8K/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Alright! I have 3 sides covered by shower curtain. And awesome thank u! I have been spot cleaning it everyday just with hot water and paper towel. And I'll see what I can fid when it comes to disinfectant! Thank u!

Alright! I have 3 sides covered by shower curtain. And awesome thank u! I have been spot cleaning it everyday just with hot water and paper towel. And I'll see what I can fid when it comes to disinfectant! Thank u!
Ok so try to remove one panel and see if your humidity balances out below 50%.

As far as the disinfectant you have to be careful what you use.... Here is in depth info on proper cleaning and what you can use. One of our forum members put these blogs together.

https://www.chameleonforums.com/blo...tation-its-sexier-than-you-think-part-1.2362/
https://www.chameleonforums.com/blogs/cage-cleaning-•-sanitation-istyt-part-2-weekly-cleaning.2363/
https://www.chameleonforums.com/blogs/cage-cleaning-•-sanitation-istyt-part-3-deep-cleaning.2364/
https://www.chameleonforums.com/blogs/cage-cleaning-•-sanitation-istyt-part-4-disinfection.2406/

Thank u! I will try that and see if it works! And I'll see what I can find during this covid stuff

Back
Top Bottom