fruitfly problem

deathdealer91

Does anybody no how to get rid of fruit flies? I have them in large quantities and have been trying get rid of them and nothing has worked so far. They keep getting in my cricket box and killing all of my crickets. Any help would be appreciated.

If they are fruit flies, take a little container with a lid and poke small holes in the top. Fill it with some apple vinegar and they should go in and not be able to get back out.

Fruit flies are fairly easy to get rid of by using some sort of sweet smelling bait. If they are fungus gnats, those are harder.

you can also take a small pop bottle , cut the top off so you have a funnel ( like 4" down ) flip it over, and tape it - put in some apple cider vin/ a small bit of water, some sugar and a drop of liquid soap - you can place it right in the bin - just BE SURE you put it so your crix can not jump in - I put one of these in my duba bin once when they got ff - also, look for the little egg things they lay and be sure to squish them so they dont hatch - they look like little brown rice -

Thank you guys for the help. Went out and hot the stuff you told me to get and set it up. Seems to be working. Thank you

Back
Top Bottom