Froggy friends

I guess what I meant is like super duper intresting animals. Or like Florida where there’s a lot of snakes there’s crocs and chams and etc. My parents are kinda boring I love them don’t get me wrong but they don’t really like outdoors that much except like beaches and stuff I wish we could go herping and stuff.
Dude, did you even bother to read that list?
You've got:
Collared lizard
Texas horned lizard
Six-lined racerunner
Slender glass lizard (one of the few legless lizards)
and more gorgeous skinks & snakes than most states.

Do your parents bar you from clubs & organizations?
https://mha.moherp.org/
https://swmoherpsociety.org/
http://www.stlherpsociety.org/
https://www.hikingproject.com/directory/clubs/missouri

Many—if not all—of these organizations have field trips, etc.

Last edited:
Lucy's? maybe? too many morphs and eye colors to add to the mix..
Little Secret (don't give up hope).

My parents did not like animals and look at what I have had since growing up (still have not totally grown up either) check out " too many animals" thread. You will have plenty of time and this is the perfect time to LEARN LEARN LEARN. I am actually wearing a T-shirt the grand kids got me for my B-day in April.... "I HAVE MULTIPLE REPTILE DISORDER---I CAN'T HAVE JUST ONE" Best T-shirt I have ever had in my LIFE (56). Keep up the good work and did i mention there are tricks to the trade.
Look for a nice dog park with a semi- grown out lake. Talk your parents into bringing you there, while they enjoy the dog stuff and say " I am going to be RIGHT over THERE... hee hee hee Since you like snakes, go by the water edge and look into the trees and bushes over the water. Many water snakes are hiding in them. Note: earlier with the 15 minutes---- If the snakes, frogs, small mammals, rodents, turtles hear you coming they are gone already. 15 minutes or less will make them feel "the threat is clear" and heads will start popping up and with some turtles, just the nose will break the water (be very observant).

Short story: I was living in College Station TX and walking over a little bridge when I did the 15 minute thing. By minute 5 I knew there were snapping turtles in the little tiny creek going under the bridge (I mean like run off water and about a 10ft circle of water). By 15 minutes I counted 27 snapping turtles but it was amazing. Collected 6 of the smallest and put them in a 90 gallon aquarium. The next 2 years they grew and became some of the coolest semi-pets ever. It was like having mini Godzilla's in my apartment.

Did I mention LEARN LEARN LEARN- Keep up the great job in the place your at. I have moved over 27 times and ALWAYS find the wildlife no matter where. The interest is in our blood and sometimes leaves for short periods but seems to always return.

Sorry for taking over the Froggy-friends thread but feel it was important to connect to those that don't find common grounds with parents, school, or like individuals..

lol --Forgot I was in Branson Missouri for a few months.. First time ever witnessing a tarantula wasp do it's "Nat Geo" type attacks on poor tarantula. IT WAS AMAZING!

Dude, did you even bother to read that list?
You've got:
Collared lizard
Texas horned lizard
Six-lined racerunner
Slender glass lizard (one of the few legless lizards)
and more gorgeous skinks & snakes than most states.

Do your parents bar you from clubs & organizations?
https://mha.moherp.org/
https://swmoherpsociety.org/
http://www.stlherpsociety.org/
https://www.hikingproject.com/directory/clubs/missouri

Many—if not all—of these organizations have field trips, etc.
I’ve never seen any of these lizards that’s crazy except the six line racerunner I caught one a month ago. Legless lizards are the single and only reptile I don’t like lol 😂 I don’t know why they just are kinda creep. They kinda do bar me out of that stuff. I love love love sports and I barely convince them to let me play because they are so busy with work and kids they have 5kids including me I’m the oldest 13 years old. And so it’s kinda hard for them to get us into stuff bc there so busy we can only do one sport/club each bc it’s just chaotic otherwise and plus we are kinda poor so if they cost alot of money we can’t 😂 but yea

Lucy's? maybe? too many morphs and eye colors to add to the mix..
Little Secret (don't give up hope).

My parents did not like animals and look at what I have had since growing up (still have not totally grown up either) check out " too many animals" thread. You will have plenty of time and this is the perfect time to LEARN LEARN LEARN. I am actually wearing a T-shirt the grand kids got me for my B-day in April.... "I HAVE MULTIPLE REPTILE DISORDER---I CAN'T HAVE JUST ONE" Best T-shirt I have ever had in my LIFE (56). Keep up the good work and did i mention there are tricks to the trade.
Look for a nice dog park with a semi- grown out lake. Talk your parents into bringing you there, while they enjoy the dog stuff and say " I am going to be RIGHT over THERE... hee hee hee Since you like snakes, go by the water edge and look into the trees and bushes over the water. Many water snakes are hiding in them. Note: earlier with the 15 minutes---- If the snakes, frogs, small mammals, rodents, turtles hear you coming they are gone already. 15 minutes or less will make them feel "the threat is clear" and heads will start popping up and with some turtles, just the nose will break the water (be very observant).

Short story: I was living in College Station TX and walking over a little bridge when I did the 15 minute thing. By minute 5 I knew there were snapping turtles in the little tiny creek going under the bridge (I mean like run off water and about a 10ft circle of water). By 15 minutes I counted 27 snapping turtles but it was amazing. Collected 6 of the smallest and put them in a 90 gallon aquarium. The next 2 years they grew and became some of the coolest semi-pets ever. It was like having mini Godzilla's in my apartment.

Did I mention LEARN LEARN LEARN- Keep up the great job in the place your at. I have moved over 27 times and ALWAYS find the wildlife no matter where. The interest is in our blood and sometimes leaves for short periods but seems to always return.

Sorry for taking over the Froggy-friends thread but feel it was important to connect to those that don't find common grounds with parents, school, or like individuals..
Thank you so much. I love to learn bout reptiles so that’s what I’m basically doing 24/7. It’s hard to convince them bc my mom has really really bad stress and other stuff that she has to Aton of pills so she’s almost always out of it and my dad is always working to keep our family safe and healthy but I will def keep trying for that ball python and etc

lol --Forgot I was in Branson Missouri for a few months.. First time ever witnessing a tarantula wasp do it's "Nat Geo" type attacks on poor tarantula. IT WAS AMAZING!
Wow that’s so cool off topic but I have a deadly fear of spiders and tarantulas so don’t try to convince me to get one hahaha.

lol off topic, I had a fear of school but now have a Master Degree- fears can be over come.. Just have to find the right tools. :)

Also, with the ball python thing.. Look up Scaleless ball pythons "Scaleless ball pythons are becoming more common. But they’re still one of the rarest and most sought after ball python morphs. Today, you can expect to pay a minimum of $2,000 for a scaleless ball python. Specimens with additional color and pattern morphs may sell for over $10,000 each." Thank you Google.

Share the $$$$$ possibilities--- Just kidding! Good luck! Any question feel free to ask.. I would even chat with your parents if needed (Use to do animal education for elementary schools and the parents were the ones with most of the questions). Not to push for you to get what you want but to support your ideas for future adventures, since it is just a matter of time and it will happen. :) (y)

No more preaching. Thanks for your time

Last edited:
lol off topic, I had a fear of school but now have a Master Degree- fears can be over come.. Just have to find the right tools. :)

Also, with the ball python thing.. Look up Scaleless ball pythons "Scaleless ball pythons are becoming more common. But they’re still one of the rarest and most sought after ball python morphs. Today, you can expect to pay a minimum of $2,000 for a scaleless ball python. Specimens with additional color and pattern morphs may sell for over $10,000 each." Thank you Google.

Share the $$$$$ possibilities--- Just kidding! Good luck! Any question feel free to ask.. I would even chat with your parents if needed (Use to do animal education for elementary schools and the parents were the ones with most of the questions). Not to push for you to get what you want but to support your ideas for future adventures, since it is just a matter of time and it will happen. :) (y)

No more preaching. Thanks for your time
Although we do have usas best Aquarium voted number 1 at wonders of wildlife in bass pro the bass pro here is giant and I live in the same town so we did go there quite often

I bet the people of Madagascar find the chameleons, lemurs, aye aye and the rest of their wild life boring and mundane because it’s common to them. It’s all perspective.
Even though you may find your native wild life boring, learn more about those animals. They may be more interesting than you think. It’s also a good basis for learning about related animals that are more exotic. Explore and learn about all that is in your backyard. You may be surprised at what you find.

I bet the people of Madagascar find the chameleons, lemurs, aye aye and the rest of their wild life boring and mundane because it’s common to them. It’s all perspective.
Even though you may find your native wild life boring, learn more about those animals. They may be more interesting than you think. It’s also a good basis for learning about related animals that are more exotic. Explore and learn about all that is in your backyard. You may be surprised at what you find.
+1 Being a suburban/city kid most of my life, I was surprised exactly how much wildlife lived behind our current abode. Different species have come & gone over the years, and it's always a challenge shagging hunters out. I'm not against hunters/hunting per se, but around here they abuse the privilege. They ignore posted signs, hunt without licenses, and I got sick of picking up their empties, litter, expended shells, and razor sharp arrows. But I digress...

Okay thanks

+1 Being a suburban/city kid most of my life, I was surprised exactly how much wildlife lived behind our current abode. Different species have come & gone over the years, and it's always a challenge shagging hunters out. I'm not against hunters/hunting per se, but around here they abuse the privilege. They ignore posted signs, hunt without licenses, and I got sick of picking up their empties, litter, expended shells, and razor sharp arrows. But I digress...
Before we moved where we are now, we lived in an older part of a fairly large northern city. Postage stamp sized lots, fences on 3 sides, 10-12 ft between houses... Yet we still had a garden in the back yard. (Same place with the enormous mulberry tree). We got up one morning to find an odd trio—a raccoon, opossum, & skunk—traveling together.

Especially odd because it was daytime, and all three are more typically nocturnal, yet they didn't seem sick in any way. We just watched as they moved through our yard, then the next, etc. until we lost track of them. Just passin' through, I guess.

Before we moved where we are now, we lived in an older part of a fairly large northern city. Postage stamp sized lots, fences on 3 sides, 10-12 ft between houses... Yet we still had a garden in the back yard. (Same place with the enormous mulberry tree). We got up one morning to find an odd trio—a raccoon, opossum, & skunk—traveling together.

Especially odd because it was daytime, and all three are more typically nocturnal, yet they didn't seem sick in any way. We just watched as they moved through our yard, then the next, etc. until we lost track of them. Just passin' through, I guess.
Sounds like a Disney movie.

That’s so interesting

Back
Top Bottom