Frequency? If you know what I mean...

fleetwoodchams

Just curious if any one else has observed this male behavior. My year old male just went crazy with passion for my ambilobe female yesterday. I'm telling you full on bang up electric colors and stars in his eyes.

Today he is with my other female and although she is receptive. (no biting, hissing or gaping) He just doesn't care. No color flair no attempts?
What is going on. Too soon for him or just doesn't like the way this girl looks. (She is very yellow compared to the other female) She's ready but he doesn't look very interested.

Any suggestions?

Maybe show him another male on your arm a few minutes? The thought of having to compete may get his testosterone going, and once the other male goes away he may be more inspired to take advantage of mating while he has the chance.

Maybe show him another male on your arm a few minutes? The thought of having to compete may get his testosterone going, and once the other male goes away he may be more inspired to take advantage of mating while he has the chance.
Thanks Olimpia.!
I will do this and see if we can get that sparkle back in his eyes.

He is a male, and you know how unpredictable all males are.:rolleyes:
But on a serious note, some males will not mate at all. One of the guys in my group has a lovely male. He has no interest in females. He sent the male to the other guy in our group. Cham still has no interest!!! I have an adult female who would not breed until she was nearly 2. Before then she tried to rip the males head off. When she was ready, everything when perfectly, just her timing.

Chams do what they want and don't do what they don't want. Best I can tell you.

Last edited:
He is a male, and you know how unpredictable all make are.:rolleyes:
But on a serious note, some males will not mate at all. One of the guys has a lovely male. He has no interest in females. He sent it to the other guy in our group. He still has no interest!!! I have an adult female who would not breed until she was nearly 2. Before then she tried to rip the males head off. When she was ready, everything when perfectly, just her timing.

Chams do what they want and don't do what they don't want. Best I can tell you.
Wow
I also have a Nosy Be male that seems totally dis-interested in females. I haven't given up on him yet, he is just over a year old.
I guess we are just along for the ride.

Separate ? Did anyone ever do research to see if they are pheromone driven as many other animals are? This would make sense as to why even if they look receptive they may not be.

Well that did the trick.
Males seeing other males making moves on their female seems to work in all species

Thanks Olimpia You are always a great help
He tried to couple once today that I was aware of. I will leave them for a day or so then remove her. Unless you tell me different? Wow what simply powerful colors he gets when he's... you know.
i will try to get a photo of him but I didn't want to disturb them. He is shy to start. But spectacular colors.

Mollie my other female is in her own viv again. She was only with him for a few hours and of course I didn't stand there and watch. I know he tried with her too as I explained before. Do you think I should put her in after I take Glinda out? She stills shows receptive colors.

I don't want to stress this male since he is on the right track now.
Paired them for their color and lineage as follows:
Glinda dam - Hunter lineage (very yellow)
Mollie dam - Jethro (Epic)/ Jake( chameloen paradise) Lotsa reds & yellows

Sire - Crazy eyes chams - Scotty/Iris ( insane neon green and yellow with red star eyes and rain at throat

Should make awesome offspring.

thanks again!

all instances covered

I have one blue bar i call the 'rapist' (copulates in mere seconds of introduction). One blue bar i call the 'romantic' (takes hours for him to get started). I have a nosy be who i call 'clueless' (runs and hides). I have tried night and day attempts, hot vs cool attempts, heavier rh vs less rh, showing multiple males, etc... sometimes you just get what you get.

Back
Top Bottom