frequency and duration of sheds

teen

Established Member
ive had my pair of jackson chameleons for almost a month now. the female is actively shedding for the first time and im curious as to how long this process normally lasts and how often chameleons should shed? im keeping humidity up higher about 85% at night and 50% during the day. also have a mister being ran on a timer several times a day.

Mine sheds twice a month, sometimes more, I have a panther, and it is usually fast, I'll come home from work and I'll see shed skin in spots around the viv.

im not sure how old they are. i believe they are wild caught. so if its taking a few days for the shed to come off, what might that be an indication of?

Usually at most 2 days, mine shed in a matter of a few hours, you need to increase humidity, if he or she is not shedding, and if you have a wild caught, you should isolate it from any others and have it checked for parasites, or ask your vendor if they have before you bought it

im not sure how old they are. i believe they are wild caught. so if its taking a few days for the shed to come off, what might that be an indication of?
Nothing if they are adults, that’s typical. Young Chams can shed in a matter of hours, if yours are young and taking days it’s likley a supplement or humidity issue, parasites can but rarely cause shed issues.

I was referring to general health unrelated to shed issue with the reference parasite check, almost always wild caught cams have that issue

Back
Top Bottom