Free range

eric thompson

Established Member
Hi all just wanted to post some pic's of are new Free range room for the Boys:) The small room w/ the double doors is the closet for the young males.

Attachments

• Free Range 014.jpg
    Free Range 014.jpg
    249.5 KB · Views: 282
  • Free Range 015.jpg
    Free Range 015.jpg
    245.2 KB · Views: 317
  • Free Range 017.jpg
    Free Range 017.jpg
    249.1 KB · Views: 239
  • Free Range 016.jpg
    Free Range 016.jpg
    250.5 KB · Views: 276
LOVE IT! I know when I buy my next house I will have some very specific chameleon needs, that I will be looking to accommodate. I am grateful to all of you members and your photography, for making me a better mother to my chams.:)

It looks great! Your chams are going to love it! I'm getting ready to make something like this for my female veiled. She loves coming out of her cage and she's in a 4 ft high one. After all chameleons are meant to be free like the jungle, not to spend their live in a cage.

looks good, but isn't it a bad idea to have a room full of males stressing one another out?

other than that, way cool.

My males have lived together most of their lives and have never had an issue, the room is bigger than it looks (20'x20') and they couldnt be happier

I am jealous. That is awesome! Lots of feeding cups too. WOW I thought mine was cool. HAHAHA :D:D Very nice! Those sticks are killer.

I have seen such setups (with more green though) and approximatively the same size of this room with up to 8 to 10 male chameleons together. The owner made sure that every male was a different species, that new males were old enough to be introduced and that no fighting issue was happening. The lady has been doing it for years now and everything seems fine!

I just wouldn't recommend doing it for a beginner... at all! ;)

Good job Éric by the way! :)

Looks sweet Eric! I have been working on the same type of project in my free range room. Mine are in a 20x10 sun room.

I LOVE the green paint!!! I may have the same color :p! This is gonna be fabulous when it's finished!!! Can't wait to see.

It looks really great. I would add leafy vines to your sticks. They like to have places to hide. Plastic vines from Michaels work very well because you can wrap them around your branches. Also, a bit plant in the middle would be helpful. Otherwise, it is a great place for your chams. BTW, how many do you keep in there?

Back
Top Bottom