Free range set up

Greetings!
I have a question question. I'm working on creating a free range space for my Cham in my bay window. He won't stay there 24/7 but while im working, i put him there so he has more space to play and to gaze out the window.
My question is, the window gets a fair amount of sun light. Should I still install a light fixture so he can get the proper vitamin amount or do you think the time in the sun is ok?
He has a light figure in his cage that he basks in every morning and night before bed, im just curious for his play time.

I'm still workint on building the window area, this is just the beginning set up!

Attachments

• 20200610_121214.jpg
    20200610_121214.jpg
    324.2 KB · Views: 117
  • 20200612_141836.jpg
    20200612_141836.jpg
    193.2 KB · Views: 121
I agree with providing UVB. I’d also provide way more branches and places to hide. They would be very exposed in a free range set up like that.
When you’re considering free ranging a cham for that many hours daily, you also need to consider humidity levels, water intake, and heat.

I agree with providing UVB. I’d also provide way more branches and places to hide. They would be very exposed in a free range set up like that.
When you’re considering free ranging a cham for that many hours daily, you also need to consider humidity levels, water intake, and heat.
As mentioned, im still working on building it. I made a point of saying that so people didnt have to tell me it needs more. My question was to the light fixture as that depends how i place things where. I monitor the humidity, heat, and make water availabl throughout the day.

Back
Top Bottom