free range play area

I don't have the space to free-range all my chams (and I have cats) but I did start putting together a "play-time area" for them so they can have a turn out of their cages.

It's on wheels so it's easy to move but I don't like having the lights on it in case someone decides to go exploring ... and you know they will. I've moved it over nearer to a wall for a permanent spot and plan to hang the lights above it.

So far everyone is enjoying it!

04192011_freerange.jpg

thats cool

i plan to make one sorta like yours , maybe more wider, to hopefully have a melleri in it :D

That's way better than my hanging pothos attempt. It looks great. Hope all goes well. BTW I wanna see more cham pics!:):)

I use a cat tree for mine, the different levels at different heights help create a good mixed treeline and its well elevated.

Excellent idea... I've been trying to think of how to put together a "play area" as well... I like this a lot... Thanks!:D

Thanks. This has actually been turned into a larger free-range for our melleri. Complete with lights, more plants, more vines and of course plastic and drainage for all the water. All the luxury I have created does not stop one of them from climbing down and finding new places to hang out.

The veileds are back to a few ficus and hanging plants for their free-range time.

Nice

Very nice play area. Just be carefull though becuase yesterday I let my year old veiled out of his cage and onto a plant in my living room. (like i do once in a while so he can play around)

I usually check on him every few minutes or so to make sure he is still there and not going to try something stupid. (he always tries to jump off the top of the cage)

But yesterday i went to check on him and couldn't find him. He wasn't on the plant I had next to the cage...(where he is 99.9% of the time when he is allowed to play on it) and he wasn't in the cage.

Really quick I freaked out and started looking all over. I looked outside and found him walking away from the house on some rocks. It was a really close call. I could of gone up a tree never to be seen again.

So...just be carefull becuase I had setup like yours but my veiled likes to run away. :mad:

This is really cool Karen, seeing that this thread is a few months old, have you kept using this? Made any changes? I like the idea a lot.

I am using that idea, that is perfect for them to get a little more exercise plus I can put him in that while I'm watching the game and sit it next to the tv, that will b awesome watching my 2 most favourite things ice hockey and chameleons 

Back
Top Bottom