Free Range drip tray setups

dakoda5

i am currently setting up a free range for my mellers cham that i have coming. but my only problem is figuring out what to use to catch the dripping water. i have two rubber mats down to catch poop but they get soaked right after i mist. if anyone can post photos of there water catch systems i would appreciate it. feel free to throw me ideas as well. ill post some photos of my setup to.

here are some photos.

ZzPBTbq.jpg

X9deJeE.jpg

X9deJeE.jpg

off the top of my head i would purchase some of those tupperware/rubbermaid bins that are short and flat, for storage under bed.

if youre like me and you already have an ungodly amount of regular size storage bins you could simply use the lids.

either that or stuff something under the edges of the rubber mats you have so that it all flows into a puddle that you could then suck up with a small wetvac.

you could even rig up the mats so that they angle into a gutter of some sort and then into a bucket taht you can simply remove and dump down a drain once full.

but the latter would likely be a bit of a project.

You could build a "table" type frame out of 2x4's and use a pond liner with a drain wherever you decide for it to slope to.

Back
Top Bottom