Freaking out, I think he ate a fake leaf

sanitysake

So...last week I made one of these leaf dripper things with a silk material fake leaf...because my chameleon wasn't drinking enough water. I was so happy that he took to it and it worked....up till yesterday. This morning I noticed the leaf I glued on...is gone! :eek: and I THINK HE ATE IT. If he did, I hope he passes it...but if not...omg what do I do?

I think its pretty unlikely to be honest... even if he ended up with it in his mouth by mistake, he would probably have realised that it wasn't something edible and spat it out.

However, keep a close eye on him, particularly with poop monitoring.... if you normally see poop regularly and then suddenly don't my advice would be a visit to the vet.

I think its pretty unlikely to be honest... even if he ended up with it in his mouth by mistake, he would probably have realised that it wasn't something edible and spat it out.

However, keep a close eye on him, particularly with poop monitoring.... if you normally see poop regularly and then suddenly don't my advice would be a visit to the vet.

O_O Yeah I really hope you're right. I'm looking inside the cage (there are a lot of plants in there) and trying to find the leaf....no sign of it so far -_-

update: turns out he really did spit the leaf out - i found it amongst the plants at the bottom of the cage. phew! he did not eat it.

Great stuff! Thought he might, even if he managed to snag it, they can tell immediately that it isn't something they want to swallow.

Blimey - I have seen my Panther spit out crickets before now, because he obviously didn't like what I had gutloaded them with..... fussy devil!!!!

Back
Top Bottom