Fr idea

Once I purchase a house in the next 6 months I plan to convert the office room into a FR. I saw this picture and it pegged the idea I had in mind. That is an artificial tree.. But I would also add lives plants as well. I thought many people may like to see this because its pretty interesting.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    112.8 KB · Views: 173
Or even sectioning off a part of the house with glass like this picture and adding plants

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    154.5 KB · Views: 168
If you wanted to wall them in, per say, but not lose the FRness of it you could go to any home improvement store and pick up either planks of wood or clear acrylic and nail/silicone it together to create a low, smooth fence. They can't climb smooth surfaces, so as long as it's higher than their standing reach (which should be like, what, 8" tall?) you can easy step over it but they can't. Acrylic might keep in any runnaway crickets too!

yeah that would be a good idea too, but my veiled is one of those chameleons that are to curious and he would find a way out fast, i would want two walls to be glass or something of the sort and the other two sides to be screen, i only like the second one for the fact that its closed off, i dont like how it looks though, its to bland

yeah that would be a good idea too, but my veiled is one of those chameleons that are to curious and he would find a way out fast, i would want two walls to be glass or something of the sort and the other two sides to be screen, i only like the second one for the fact that its closed off, i dont like how it looks though, its to bland

I think the 2nd one could be incredible if you got rid of the artsy bench/planter thing and created a naturalistic jungle scene with some trees, stones, water feature, etc.

I don't know if I explained myself properly, but this is what it could look like, in theory. If you do a pentagon shape each corner is wider and there's no way he could prop himself up all the way, especially on a smooth surface like acrylic.

So he's contained and safe but you still get the FR effect.

e51x.jpg

I don't know if I explained myself properly, but this is what it could look like, in theory. If you do a pentagon shape each corner is wider and there's no way he could prop himself up all the way, especially on a smooth surface like acrylic.

e51x.jpg

I really like that ideal! Thank you for showing this Olimpia!

That is a good idea. I was thinking of even doing it in a nook area and just having a little wall like that so he can't get out, that way it's still free range but there's enough of an enclosed portion to keep the humidity

All most like this picture but with far more plants and something better for the ground

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    67 KB · Views: 137
I love the idea of designing a new house with the main consideration being the FR room for my chameleon, can't imagine what I would have to concede to get my wife to agree to that lol.

I love the idea of designing a new house with the main consideration being the FR room for my chameleon, can't imagine what I would have to concede to get my wife to agree to that lol.

Hahaha, my better half was raised around reptiles but never owned his own. Lukily he loves chameleons now so I do not have to coax him

e51x.jpg

LOL i love it!

e51x.jpg

Thank you for this, I'm going to need it for George and his new found confidence.

Awesome idea! We've kept the chameleon in, now can anyone figure out how to keep my two cats out without losing the FR effect? :confused::)

Back
Top Bottom