Four Horned Chameleon Care Sheet/Info/Guide

So, one thing to note on the Govee is that you have to be sure where the sensor read spot (the holes on bottom front and bottom don't get any water in them otherwise you will get fault readings on the app. It is rather sensitive to that. Just wanted to let you know. Proper placement solves these issues.
It's arriving today, so gonna get it set up and see how I like it. Might be converting all three of my enclosures...

Looking pretty good man. I suggestion I have is to maybe add a couple sticks and vines further up. When is the arrival date?
Yep yep, I'm on it. I got 6 more 24" sticks/branches coming tomorrow. I also have one more vine. I'm going to have the little guy 6 inches from the light, I measured last night. Then she shall be done. Tentative arrival date is Wednesday morning.

Congrats on the quad. They are one of my favorites, and getting one from a breeder instead of a wholesaler will give you a much better animal.

One critique, not a big fan of the moss. When they shoot at a cricket in the moss, they can ingest the moss as well.

Good luck!

Congrats on the quad. They are one of my favorites, and getting one from a breeder instead of a wholesaler will give you a much better animal.

One critique, not a big fan of the moss. When they shoot at a cricket in the moss, they can ingest the moss as well.

Good luck!
Thanks for the tip, I shall commence moss removal momentarily.

@KRGEE21
Did you get your Govee's yet? If you did how do you like them? Let me know if you are confused about anything. I think I figured them out pretty well by now.

Thanks...box arrived damaged, and I haven't had time to return yet. I will hit you up if I run into any issues setting it up once new one gets shipped.

T-minus 24 hours and counting for arrival of your little guy?

@KRGEE21
Hi Kevin,

My little guy is doing just fine but is rather shy especially when I have been trying to snap a photo of him so I'll keep trying. I am considering going bioactive and have read up on it quite a bit but won't go through with it until my move. I am moving to Flordia within the next 4 months! Really excited. I am wondering though a few things about your setups. Am I correct in understanding that you have the Dragon Strand "Large Screen Atrium" cage? I am considering that for my little guy in the future. Also did you buy the substrate tray and drainage tray with it? I know this cage is in the upcoming build in October so timing could be perfect and then set it all up in Florida using my present cage as the second cage for my guy to live in until his new home is setup. Lastly, which cage do you keep your Carpet's in and do you house a mated pair in the same cage? They are a beautiful species from the pics I've seen and have caught my eye as of late. Hope your week is getting off to a great start.

@KRGEE21
Hi Kevin,

My little guy is doing just fine but is rather shy especially when I have been trying to snap a photo of him so I'll keep trying. I am considering going bioactive and have read up on it quite a bit but won't go through with it until my move. I am moving to Flordia within the next 4 months! Really excited. I am wondering though a few things about your setups. Am I correct in understanding that you have the Dragon Strand "Large Screen Atrium" cage? I am considering that for my little guy in the future. Also did you buy the substrate tray and drainage tray with it? I know this cage is in the upcoming build in October so timing could be perfect and then set it all up in Florida using my present cage as the second cage for my guy to live in until his new home is setup. Lastly, which cage do you keep your Carpet's in and do you house a mated pair in the same cage? They are a beautiful species from the pics I've seen and have caught my eye as of late. Hope your week is getting off to a great start.

Good morning Andrew. Minnesota to Florida...that's going to be quite a climate shock for you:D. Hopefully somewhere near the beach.
Glad to hear he is doing well, and yes they are a pretty shy species especially when adjusting to new surroundings. If you're cup feeding him try getting a shot while he's eating.
I do have a DS large atrium(all screen). I did not go with the substrate/drainage instead built a custom stand with planter box as I wanted the additional soil depth for the plants.

For my carpets I have two different style cages. No breeding them(wife put her foot down:cautious:) I got them knowing they are a short lived species, so wanted the opportunity to try some different things.
My female is in a wrapped screen cage, and the male is in an exo-terra. Both are bio active. Attached.

They are really cool little guys, but it is sooo much easier to keep my quad(in my specific climate) that I have decided when they pass to go with strictly Montane species.
Finally got the Govee sensors running, and am in process of testing them against the current ones. So far, loving it.

Attachments

• 20190619_140623.jpg
    20190619_140623.jpg
    149.4 KB · Views: 74
  • 20190619_140725.jpg
    20190619_140725.jpg
    212.2 KB · Views: 71
  • 20190729_141704.jpg
    20190729_141704.jpg
    224.6 KB · Views: 105
  • 20190729_141544.jpg
    20190729_141544.jpg
    403.3 KB · Views: 85
Good morning Andrew. Minnesota to Florida...that's going to be quite a climate shock for you:D. Hopefully somewhere near the beach.
Glad to hear he is doing well, and yes they are a pretty shy species especially when adjusting to new surroundings. If you're cup feeding him try getting a shot while he's eating.
I do have a DS large atrium(all screen). I did not go with the substrate/drainage instead built a custom stand with planter box as I wanted the additional soil depth for the plants.

For my carpets I have two different style cages. No breeding them(wife put her foot down:cautious:) I got them knowing they are a short lived species, so wanted the opportunity to try some different things.
My female is in a wrapped screen cage, and the male is in an exo-terra. Both are bio active. Attached.

They are really cool little guys, but it is sooo much easier to keep my quad(in my specific climate) that I have decided when they pass to go with strictly Montane species.
Finally got the Govee sensors running, and am in process of testing them against the current ones. So far, loving it.
Great pics Kevin! Loving it!

Yes Minnesota to Florida will be quite a shock indeed. I want to try surfing again. I tried it when I was younger on a long board and it was fun indeed. We are thinking Jacksonville on the east coast or possibly Orlando. We won't be living on the beach but near enough to it to make a trek on the weekends as the rent is higher for the beachfront properties.

I am going to order a DS large atrium(all screen) too as the build is coming up. Won't setup until move is over though. I am studying your bioactive build thread like crazy with the DS large atrium.

I'm in love with the carpet's now and someday, not in the near future, I wish to own a pair. Where did you get yours from if I may ask?

Nice that you are enjoying the Govee's. I found another set of sensors made by "Ambient Weather" model number is WS-8482 that comes with three sensors and you can use up to 7. I have them arriving tomorrow and will decide between them and the Govee's. I'll let you know my synopsyse. If your thinking to go with those instead or want to also try them like me buy them from ambientweather.com not amazon as they are like 2/3 the price direct from them. They are internet sensors just like the Govee but they have an LCD screen base station that can be mounted somewhere in your home that also is a sensor so 8 sensors able in total. All the other sensors status can also be viewed via base station as well as through internet. I bought 6 sensors in total with the base station for 150 shipped. A bit cheaper even than the Govee.

Have a Great Day!

Check out posts by extensionofgreen , jamest0o0 , and a great ground up build by Brodybreaux25 titled "bioactive mentor" . I got basically all of the tips/information from reading these guys posts.
My Carpets came from Tim Marks. Also Frank Payne, and Kevin Stanford have them available occasionally but the do sell out super fast.
Keep trying for those photos...
Have a good day

Back
Top Bottom