Found SNAILS in Cham reptarium

Ok so I don't know where the hell they came from, but I just noticed small black specks on a piece of bamboo in my Cham enclosure. There were 5 of them and I don't know where they're from or how they got there. I do have a humidifier on almost 24/7 going through the side mesh of reptarium that must be attributing to the problem.

So I should obviously be careful of my humidifier... I'll have to keep it off a little more often or maybe just keep it in room and not directly into cage.

It's just so dry and cold in Midwest that I have to keep humidifier on to keep humidity up. It stays up 40-50 at night with it on. 15-30 if off. Is a big drop on himidity ok for panther Cham?

Definitely leave it on. The snails could have come from a plant you got at home depot, the store, anywhere because they are shipped from all over the country/world. The nature center I work at brought a plant inside during the winter (as you know frogs hibernate during winter) and when things started warming up inside, the grey tree frog who lived in the plant started waking up and chirping a storm. We also had someone bring in a baby green tree monitor they found on a plant they got from home depot.

Do i need to be concerned about these snails do you guys htink?... the bamboo stick they were on was definitely the most like, wet.. maybe even started to decompose because some of it was like blackish... the only way I saw the little snails is because they were even darker.

Do i need to be concerned about these snails do you guys htink?... the bamboo stick they were on was definitely the most like, wet.. maybe even started to decompose because some of it was like blackish... the only way I saw the little snails is because they were even darker.

if he eat then and they have parasites he can get the parasites in him

Back
Top Bottom