found eggs help!

leela

hi, my female veiled has been digging around the bottom of her enclosure for the past couple of weeks and i have just raked about in there and have found about 30+ eggs! do i take them out or leave them alone? do i need to supplement her for this? does this mean she NEEDS to breed?
thanks

she must be exhausted, hydrate her and mix up a small batch of electrolytes with water. as for the eggs, are they fertil? get some vermiculite put it in a containter with holes in the top and research the incubation climate (temp, humidity if needed).

No, this does not mean she has to breed at all.

Definitely take them out, and up the calcium intake for a while.

exo-terra makes an electrolytes with vitD3, you may orally give her one drop the next 2 days if you'd like, and then up your calcium like the previous poster said for a couple days. with this and plenty of hydration she'll be back to great health very soon. if they are not fertil, you can scrap them. they do not have to breed in order to get eggs, and after this point, they still do not have to breed. although breeding would make gestation for her more worth wild. lol. also i suggest feeding her however much she can handle for a couple days as well. thats jmo, but i think if i was a female and popped out a couple eggs, id be super exhausted but supper hungry lol

The next time you see her digging around the bottom of the cage, you will want to put a 5 gallon bucket filled with about 10 inches of moistened play sand in it. I'm actually surprised she laid the eggs without that. Not providing something for them to lay their eggs is how many chams become egg bound and die.

As for what to do now that she has laid them, I agree with the previous posters.

IMHO...its wise to have an opaque container of sand in any female veiled's cage all the time.

IMHO...if you feed her all she wants for longer than a couple of days she will produce a large clutch for her next cycle.

Back
Top Bottom