Found Chameleon! Veiled

Yes this is Florida, just didn’t want him to get hurt. Would it better to let him back out? Will it do worse than better to try and keep him?
Chameleons actually do way better in captivity than they do in the wild. In captivity they are able to get all the requirements they need to be able to thrive and live a longer healthy life. They need calcium and multivitamins and their feeders need to be gut loaded and those requirements are just not in the wild. They are pretty expensive to care for, I have one and it does cost a lot of money so if your able to provide him a nice home, I’d keep him 🙂

Chameleons actually do way better in captivity than they do in the wild. In captivity they are able to get all the requirements they need to be able to thrive and live a longer healthy life. They need calcium and multivitamins and their feeders need to be gut loaded and those requirements are just not in the wild. They are pretty expensive to care for, I have one and it does cost a lot of money so if your able to provide him a nice home, I’d keep him 🙂
Btw this is just my opinion on it

Btw this is just my opinion on it
I mean it also does depend on if the chameleon gets the misfortune of being under someone irresponsible or someone that didn’t do research but yeah overall a property cared for chame lives much longer the lifespan definitely proves it I can’t wait til the day chameleon husbandry is brought to the point where we could possibly get these guys to live over 10 years it’s a silly dream ig but it’s a nice goal to have for these guys!

Ah, I beg to differ. They've survived this long in the wild. The reasons we need all of the supplements, lighting, gutload, etc. is because we cannot recreate the wild in captivity. :)

Hey guys, so after coming home from the store I ran across a Big Veiled walking across my street with a bit of a messed up tail and I picked him up before he got ran over or picked out by a bird. He looks otherwise healthy , very brute colors, strong grip, No MBD signs. We are deciding to keep him and give him a good life, he reminds me of my old veiled. Any suggestions? I already have a bit of a roach colony, along with calcium and calcium with D3. Going to get him a cage right now.
What are the chances of you, someone with Cham experience finding him! To me, the universe is at work. Giving either him or you or both what you need. you should kerp him!

What are the chances of you, someone with Cham experience finding him! To me, the universe is at work. Giving either him or you or both what you need. you should kerp him!
Also contrary to beliefs, florida winters temps drop below 50 which could kill him.

I’m pretty sure someone random found the Cham and they called the reptile guy to take care of him till owner is found

Back
Top Bottom