FOUND a Male Veiled Chameleon!!! IN ARIZONA!!! :-0

jfulcher

Soo... I was walking along... Spied something über pretty out of the corner of my eye in the oleander.... What the heck is THAT!? I exclaimed!!! For it moved when I came closer.... Put my hand in the bush after getting a glove on... And out walks a very pretty male veiled subadult chammie!!! A little on the thin side... Was pretty dehydrated... And VERY dry and unhappy I took him from his bush.... But now, he's in a makeshift cage, with plenty of moisture, and food.... Fatten this bad boy up!!! Get him a girlfriend! Oh yeah!!! Make some purdy babies!!! Will post some pix tomorrow. But the vet done said he's pretty healthy and his color mutation is "hypo"??? Or something like that...?

You have even taken him to the vet already?? You are going to make an excellent keeper. Congrats on the pick up. Post all the info about him and pictures, we need pictures.:D

holy desert dweller batman!

really? what kind of area did you find it in.
why would somebody abandon?
too many questions...

thats amazing!!!! great job saving him and getting him in for a check up so fast! :D thats awesome.

cant wait to see some pics of him and see him as you fatten him up! he's a lucky guy to have been saved by you :)

You have even taken him to the vet already?? You are going to make an excellent keeper. Congrats on the pick up. Post all the info about him and pictures, we need pictures.:D

There's a vet right up the street from me. :)
Walked in said I found him an they did a quick blood test an what not on him. Thought it'd be a shame not to.. And thanks!

He's been hiding and hissing at me. But I took my chances at being bitten and placed a nice juicy roach near him and ZAP!!! Out went that tongue of his!!! He ate it like he never ate in his life.! Gonna try a dusted larger one later one.... This was a relatively small large... And he ate it too quick for my taste... SOOO glad I have a colony!!!

OKAY OKAY I GOT THE PIX!!! LOLOLOL!!!
He came out of hiding just long enough for a couple quick shots!!!
INTRODUCING Rango!!!
a6aty4ar.jpg

qy8uhu9e.jpg

asuvuhe2.jpg

He looks ok!

A bit skinny, well a lot skinny,but some nice fat bugs will fix him right up.

You still interested in that female of mine?

Honestly Rango is normally a lame/over done name for a chameleon, but this guy is honestly Rango! Found in the desert probably looking for some water!

Congratulations on your find and being a great new owner! Best of luck. :)

Honestly Rango is normally a lame/over done name for a chameleon, but this guy is honestly Rango! Found in the desert probably looking for some water!

Congratulations on your find and being a great new owner! Best of luck. :)

THANKS!!! And after trading some Poecilotheria tarantulas to Ken The Bug Guy whom is down the street from me... I GOT HIM THIS:
musabasu.jpg

y6uragu2.jpg

And sorry camimom but kens wife snuck this in:
javupane.jpg

my5aqepa.jpg

A female veiled...! I may still buy one from you but since I found "Rango" she said I needed a "Beans". LOL!!! But at first she grabbed a male, so I snagged a female from her batch, and tossed the lil guy back in.

Just as a heads up males and females should only be housed together once sexually mature or else they will stress one another.

I only say that because I do not know if you have two separate cages.

Back
Top Bottom