Found a Bat...

Sorry it took so long to reply, its been a busy week oh and I forgot I asked this question on here. So here is what went down... The reason I found him is bacause my cat found him in the attic and decided to carry it downstairs and the just let it go in the living room where it proceeded to squeak and fly around the room like a "bat outta hell" He then decided he would settle on the ficus in my living room, I then caught him gently in a towel and places him in a reptarium and fed and gave him a drink of water supplemented with pedialyte. He ate a total of 3 crickets, 4 silk worms and a silk moth. So he must have been very hungry to eat like that in captivity. I then Went into the attic to take a peak around and what do ya know there are about 6 or 7 up there fast asleep. I just placed him right back up there and blocked off the entrance into the attic that the cat had been using. I also found a hole about the size of a gold ball that I believe is where they were getting in. So in the spring/ summer I will wait until they are all out for the night and Block off their entrance. :( so they will have to find a new roost. I know I m going to feel awful taking their home away but they dont pay rent soooo, see ya.

Glad to hear it all worked out alright. That was the probably the best thing to do under the circumstances.

You did exactly what I hoped you would do!
If you feel bad about taking their home, maybe you could create a bat house somewhere on your property?

wow i didnt know that was animal cruelty!:( sorry.

ya know, this reminds me of a time when a mouse got into my grandmas house and she freaked!!! i was like 5 at the time so i dont remember much.:eek:

You did exactly what I hoped you would do!
If you feel bad about taking their home, maybe you could create a bat house somewhere on your property?

agree with kiny... love bats, wish i could get a flying fox as a pet lol....

anywho they are cool to keep around lol id leave them be but thats me and im odd.

damn! i wish i had a damn colony of bats around, that would be cool watching them go out to hunt and come back and as im somkin some :p:D:eek:! hahhaaaa.

and 884, your savage.:cool: not cool.

most states its actually illegal to keep a bat within a cage. You can have them living in bat houses in your yard but to keep them in the cage is not allowed. They can carry parasites, and can also become rabid so please use caution. They have pretty sharp teeth and claws...

most states its actually illegal to keep a bat within a cage. You can have them living in bat houses in your yard but to keep them in the cage is not allowed. They can carry parasites, and can also become rabid so please use caution. They have pretty sharp teeth and claws...

Bats actually are not as dirty and full of rabies as people might think, foxes and dogs have a higher reported chance of contracting the disease than a bat does. All the bad rap from bats comes from other countries.

Back
Top Bottom