Forum member thanks

Wow, awesome enclosure! Thats a mansion for the little guy!

I love his coloring, especially in the photo where he's outside!

looks great but I would cover up that soil that has those little round white balls with some large river rock. You wouldn't want him to injest that stuff accidentally or intentionally.

you could cup feed-- then it's a non issue

Even with cup feeding it is best to cover up any soil. and fertilizers etc. Even if the crickets/ feeders are being fed cup style, Chameleons are known for testing the soil from time to time, its not known as to why, perhaps minerals, but either way..they eat it, not all of them, but it can happen. Just be safe and cover it up with river rock or something along them lines. cant hurt to be safe, rather then sorry.

Guys, look at the lighting in the photos lol The photo with the succulents looks to be outside, in the sunshine. I don't see anything like that in the cage (which looks great, by the way), so it's a non issue. That being said, I don't cover up the dirt in my plant pots, I don't think it's a real risk, honestly. To think how many mouthfuls of dirt I must have ingested as a kid, or my dog when she was a puppy lol And We've made it out alive. I do use organic soil though, with no perlite or fertilizers.

He looks great, as does the cage!

Guys, look at the lighting in the photos lol The photo with the succulents looks to be outside, in the sunshine. I don't see anything like that in the cage (which looks great, by the way), so it's a non issue. That being said, I don't cover up the dirt in my plant pots, I don't think it's a real risk, honestly. To think how many mouthfuls of dirt I must have ingested as a kid, or my dog when she was a puppy lol And We've made it out alive. I do use organic soil though, with no perlite or fertilizers.

Booya!!! My thoughts exactly. The little guy looks to be doing very well!!

Thanks for all the awesome comments! :)

He's usually pretty active, running around the entire cage. Any smaller I think he would have felt a bit confined. When I first got him. I had some crickets in a cup, and I was going to throw in 2. When one of the crickets jumped up my hand and he ate it. So I tried it again, same thing...He loves hand feeding. Every morning he moves to a branch where I'm the closest and watches me till I wake up to feed him. I make sure to leave a few so he can hunt nearby the top, the crickets love the lights. So he has no problem hunting them. As far as the cup goes....he doesnt like it much. I make sure to leave a few in everday just in case.

As far as the little rocks go, that pic was taken outside. By that time he had already ate and was full. Not to mention I was also keeping an eye on bees, birds, and other bugs. Now I have a fake plant, that I leave by an open window on sunny days. He loves going there, watching people. My problem is from the free range, back to his cage, he tries to run away from me. Over all he seems really friendly, happy, and is extremely active.

Eventually when he grows up a bit more, I have few more things I want to add to the cage. Everyone is like, "you spoil your lizard to much." I just say, "it's a chameleon, and he's just so cool!" lol I still need to name him.

Very nicely done! What kind of flower is that?

Are you reffering to the red plant? That would be a bromeliad. It's a tropical plant, so it does well with all the misting. Alsoe helps with humidity.

Here's a pic I took today. He threw on some green.:)

Agreed, I think the river rocks dont allow the soil to dry out (In my viv that is)

Back
Top Bottom