Force feeding and hydrating

Pro tips, choose your tips wisely. Too thin of a tip, and they just chomp right through it and swallow it. Too hard of a tip, and they may bust some teeth, or in rare cases bust the jaw.

Though he kinda cheats by having pissed off chams, its real easy to get the mouth open, when its already open :)

Pro tips, choose your tips wisely. Too thin of a tip, and they just chomp right through it and swallow it. Too hard of a tip, and they may bust some teeth, or in rare cases bust the jaw.

Though he kinda cheats by having pissed off chams, its real easy to get the mouth open, when its already open :)

can you please rephrase ehat you wrote,
i have no clue what younare talking aboit

aaaccckkk...this would only be recommended by a vet in a life or death situation
Why?
Simetimes you need to add nutrients or supplemets ir food.
i am
Tired if keepers that run with every little issue to a VET not a le ti even handle their xhameleon

this suoereasy procidurwC every keeper should know as a MUST
IMHO

I am cheating?
Give me any chameleon I will
Show tou
And do not ne rude please

can you please rephrase ehat you wrote,
i have no clue what younare talking aboit
I believe he’s talking about the size of the tip of the syringe.
Why?
Simetimes you need to add nutrients or supplemets ir food.
i am
Tired if keepers that run with every little issue to a VET not a le ti even handle their xhameleon

this suoereasy procidurwC every keeper should know as a MUST
IMHO
I am cheating?
Show tou
Petr, as you surely know by now, everyone here has their own opinion about everything. I don’t see that there was any rudeness...just commentary. While it may be a very easy thing for you to get a chameleon to open it’s mouth, it isn’t so easy for many of us. My vet taught me how to give medication to my chameleon and made it look so simple. I try it and need 2-3 extra hands!
I personally respect your knowledge and experience and appreciate the education you provide. However, very often it is as though you expect those who respond to be rude or attacking you and you respond in kind. You do not sugar coat things you tell us and those who respond do not sugar coat things said to you. So many of your posts devolves into nothing but insults traded back and forth. I have gotten the strong impression that you dislike American chameleon keepers and since perhaps the majority of the forum is Americans, if you expect us to be some negative stereotype.
Please, share your bits of knowledge and wisdom with us, but let’s try to keep things in perspective and civil. I thank you.

I believe he’s talking about the size of the tip of the syringe.

Petr, as you surely know by now, everyone here has their own opinion about everything. I don’t see that there was any rudeness...just commentary. While it may be a very easy thing for you to get a chameleon to open it’s mouth, it isn’t so easy for many of us. My vet taught me how to give medication to my chameleon and made it look so simple. I try it and need 2-3 extra hands!
I personally respect your knowledge and experience and appreciate the education you provide. However, very often it is as though you expect those who respond to be rude or attacking you and you respond in kind. You do not sugar coat things you tell us and those who respond do not sugar coat things said to you. So many of your posts devolves into nothing but insults traded back and forth. I have gotten the strong impression that you dislike American chameleon keepers and since perhaps the majority of the forum is Americans, if you expect us to be some negative stereotype.
Please, share your bits of knowledge and wisdom with us, but let’s try to keep things in perspective and civil. I thank you.

As I do not understand fully what was meant in the first part of the message,
i asked formclarifocations. If the tip is meant, then an intellignet reader will see, itnis covered with soft rubber piece nit to harm the animal.

if someone says that I cheat, it
Means in any language a rude accusation amd not “not
Candy coated mesaage”

the xhameleons showed exactly the same behavior as they show I did not
Manipulate anything neither did I specially select any angry ones, I can show you it with any size and any species of chameleons with same easiness

IMHO, the keeper is obliged to be able to handle its animal and do skmple manipilation witb it. Keepers that are afraid to take the chameleon out of the cage and do the simplest things should not keep chameleons, as for the welfare of them, sometimes a manipulation is necessary and if they can normsecure their welfare, they put the most important principle ot not only chamelekn hisbandry butnof husbandry of any animal.

your speculation about my possible anitiamerican thinking is absolutely false, I address a behavior and not any nation, so these connotations are solely yours if yoj see some patterns I address jn your culture but not mine.
thank yoj anyway for an attempt to help me and clarify, I am thankful for it and lerceive it as friedly amd positive.

As I do not understand fully what was meant in the first part of the message,
i asked formclarifocations. If the tip is meant, then an intellignet reader will see, itnis covered with soft rubber piece nit to harm the animal.

Candy coated mesaage”

the xhameleons showed exactly the same behavior as they show I did not
Manipulate anything neither did I specially select any angry ones, I can show you it with any size and any species of chameleons with same easiness

IMHO, the keeper is obliged to be able to handle its animal and do skmple manipilation witb it. Keepers that are afraid to take the chameleon out of the cage and do the simplest things should not keep chameleons, as for the welfare of them, sometimes a manipulation is necessary and if they can normsecure their welfare, they put the most important principle ot not only chamelekn hisbandry butnof husbandry of any animal.

your speculation about my possible anitiamerican thinking is absolutely false, I address a behavior and not any nation, so these connotations are solely yours if yoj see some patterns I address jn your culture but not mine.
thank yoj anyway for an attempt to help me and clarify, I am thankful for it and lerceive it as friedly amd positive.

I was trying to be funny.

But yes some people use too small of a tip. Only the last part of a video had a soft tip, the others where plastic. Some can bite the plastic off. Some bigger ones can bite the soft tip off. I find vinyl tubing is good, the silicone tubing they can bite through if its thin wall.

As for cheating, it was a joke since at first you had a cham that got mad and opened the mouth so it was easy. Is hard when the cham refuses and you have to spend some time slowly pulling down the mouth.

How do you keep from aspirating them? The trachea is real easy to get water in if holding them wrong.

air-hole.jpg

Last edited:
Candy coated mesaage”

I apologize if I offended, however in the past it has taken only one small accusation of rudeness or similar to start a heated exchange.
You have said in the past how much better Germans/Europeans keep their chameleons alive longer and with better husbandry. You have posted statistics to demonstrate. Perhaps I am the only one who has perceived this or am overly sensitive.
I simply wish to continue to learn how to properly keep my chameleons without repeats of previous insult trading which make it difficult to do. I do thank you for continuing to contribute your knowledge and experience to the forum.

I am cheating?
Show tou

Not rude. Sorry. Cheating was the wrong word. "make it look "easy" by using a chameleon that is very cooperative and opens its mouth when you touch its head". Its not fun to pull down the mouth to put in the medicine. After a few days my chameleons know whats coming, and seal their mouths shut.

OML It's petr!
Remember you blocked me on facebook when you said that I'm a disappointment to chameleon owners everywhere for trying to illustrate ambilobe locales?
I appreciate the video but people on these forums are much higher qualified than on facebook so try not to insult them.
But still, I also love the info on what size syringe to use. This will be added to my list of important info on my google drive.

I was trying to be funny.

But yes some people use too small of a tip. Only the last part of a video had a soft tip, the others where plastic. Some can bite the plastic off. Some bigger ones can bite the soft tip off. I find vinyl tubing is good, the silicone tubing they can bite through if its thin wall.

As for cheating, it was a joke since at first you had a cham that got mad and opened the mouth so it was easy. Is hard when the cham refuses and you have to spend some time slowly pulling down the mouth.

How do you keep from aspirating them? The trachea is real easy to get water in if holding them wrong.

View attachment 276878

everything can be done wrong
This is why I try to show the simple way how to do proper

...You do not sugar coat things you tell us and those who respond do not sugar coat things said to you. So many of your posts devolves into nothing but insults traded back and forth.

I asked petr what data is behind his "gutload with nothing but bee pollen" and his response to me was to not be rude to him :rolleyes:

As for this thread, it's informative and petr shows his skill at doing a four hand job with only two. ?

I respect @PetNcs and all of the many contributions he has made to chameleons and their keeping. I look forward to and am interested in what information he is sharing with us in doing better as keepers. I simply have seen too many times in too many of his posts where one small word or sentence in taken in the wrong context and a small war ensues. This is done on both sides. I am just tired of it and spoke my piece as soon as I saw what has been a trigger for it in the past.
I have been PMing with Petr today and hope I was articulate enough to clarify the statements I posted earlier. He has assured me that he has no bias and his only interest is in herpetoculture. As we all know, he is very passionate about chameleons and what he has made his life’s work. I have offered him my apologies if I have offended or disrespected him. That was not my intent.
I’m just tired of the bickering getting in the way of learning. So please, let’s all try to have polite and respectful conversation with Petr and each other.

OML It's petr!
Remember you blocked me on facebook when you said that I'm a disappointment to chameleon owners everywhere for trying to illustrate ambilobe locales?
I appreciate the video but people on these forums are much higher qualified than on facebook so try not to insult them.
But still, I also love the info on what size syringe to use. This will be added to my list of important info on my google drive.

you twist my words, and accuse me
From What I have not done and for fake reason

if you think it is a good thing to spit in someones face and lie and then require something, I do not
I have nothing to tell you

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom