For those with the pole feeder cup.....

Have you ever had anything crawl up the pole and onto whatever it is hanging from? I was about to put roaches in it this morning when it hit me that they could possibly jail break it out of there before my slow eater Stuart would get to them.
I have it on an "S" hook hanging off a branch....would putting Vaseline on the hook stop roaches or superworms from crawling up and out?

I definitely wouldn't use vasoline. If it does get on his food and he eats it you'll have a whole new set of problems on your hands. I'm sure there is some safer alternative

definitely not Vaseline! Try to put some clear "packing tape" on it somewhere.... maybe on the inside rim of the cup? insects can't climb past a strip of clear packing tape....

Packing tape is a great idea...yeah I didn't think the vaseline thing through. I left it today with a few roaches and a super and while the super climbed up and down, he could not seem to pass the S hook....and he met his maker pretty quickly so, it worked!
I believe the roaches are still chilling at the bottom, at least what I can tell from the dropcam I have aimed on the cage....

Maybe use fishing line to hang it. I doubt they can climb up clean fishing line.

These are the feeder cups I make. I use fishing line to hang them from anywhere.
IMG_0680.JPG

Back
Top Bottom