For Sale in NJ: Adult Male Veiled and Setup

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grokthecube

I've had this chameleon (named Leaf Erikson) for about 2.5 years now, He was purchased from Fl Chams at a ~3 months old in December of 2015. I'll be moving in the near future, and he unfortunately won't be able to come with me, so I'd like to try to find him a new home. Along with him, I am including his cage, misting system, vitamin supplements, plants, lighting, and all furniture.

He is in good health, is a good eater, and will eat out of your hand if he's in a good mood. He generally does not like being handled, so he's only been handled for cage transfers, or for vet trips. He is definitely territorial, if he's not in the mood to be hand-fed, he will let you know! He isn't shy about being watched or having a few people near his cage, and doesn't get stressed out about being watched but he will usually put on a show if the door is opened.

In the interest of full disclosure, I should note that about a month ago I noticed his eyes looking puffy, so I brought him to the vet to get checked. She found no signs of infection or injury, but believed that lack of preformed Vitamin A (he had only been getting herpivite until that point) may have led to a mild Vit A deficiency. I switched to Repashy, and his eyes have been looking progressively less puffy. He got a clean bill of health from the vet.

Hardware:
The cage is a 24" x 24" x 48" screen cage, with dragon ledges and attached grapevine/dowels. The back is covered with vinyl to trap humidity. The cage is on a Marineland 90g cube aquarium stand with some contact paper applied to the stand. The bottom of the cage is drilled with a drainpipe installed, which drains into a 5gal bucket under the cage.

The MistKing mister is connected to another 5 gal bucket under the cage, and has two nozzles installed in the top of the cage. Digital timer included, and I'll throw in spare nozzles and some spare hose I have around.

The lighting includes a dome lamp with a heat lamp, and a 4x24" T5HO fixture with one Light My Repile UVB bulb (due to be changed in a month or so) and 3 plant lights. Two spare LMR UVB T5 bulbs are included, along with the digital timer and powerstrip for the lights. .

The cage furniture includes the grapevine, biovine, dowels, and bird ladder along with the plants, their pots, and the stand the ficus is on to keep it elevated.

Included vitamin supplements are Repashy Calcium Plus as a multi-vitamin and Zoomed Repti Calcium (one with and one without Vit D).

You can take him and his setup for $75.

Ultimately, I'm more interested in finding him a good home with a capable keeper than I am in making money. If you can show me that you already have a chameleon that is healthy and well cared for, you can have him (and his setup) for free.

My zip code is 07066. If you're within 2.5 hours, I'm willing to deliver him and all of his equipment to you. If you're further away than that, I'm willing to meet you halfway. I've never shipped a reptile before, so I would really prefer to not do that.

Feel free to contact me with any questions.

Pictures:
Leaf-4

Leaf-2

Leaf-7

Leaf-6

Leaf-3

Leaf-1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom