For People with multiple reptiles!

Ben0918

hey chameleon forum this goes out to people with multiple reptiles whose electric bills are sky high. i have 7 reptile all using 75 watt heat bulbs and 15 watt uv lights. it is expensive to keep all these but i do anyway because i love my reptiles dearly. BUT i have discovered a new way to heat reptile/homes! I DID NOT PERSONALLY CREATE THIS but many people do this with great success! go to youtube and type in "how to make soda can heaters" or "soda can heaters" this is all solar power heaters using no electricity and keeping your reptiles and homes warm! thought i share this with the forum members! hope you guys enjoy it!

have you actually tried it yourself yet?
I don't use a lot of heat during the day, I mostly heat at night, so this idea isn't too useful for me. But its interesting.

i have not but am going to try! im only going to use this during the winter because i shut my lights off in the summer and replace them with low watt bulbs because it is hot in the summer.

Have you considered buying a very long hanging light fixture that holds a basking and UVB. It will cover a few enclosures at one time instead of each reptile having their own. They longer bulbs should give off enough heat. If they are in an open area currently like a kitcken you can also maybe move them to a smaller room. If you live in a cold area like myself- closing the blinds helps keep the heat in. Its total overkill but I have even purchased energy star curtains that have a thick lining on the side facing the window to help keep all cold out. Thankfully the room they are in is well insulated so heats not really an issue but I don't like to gamble.

Back
Top Bottom