For all the bay area folks

Harley510

Established Member
I heard a reptile store ( would rather not say ) in Hayward Ca is selling wild caught panther chams for 600$

If you’re thinking of getting a cham from the one specific reptile store in Hayward please be extremely cautious. A family friend bought a male panther from there for 600$ and it died 3 days later from parasites.

( i know i’m not naming it but im pretty sure you can guess what store it is if you’re local of course )

Wildcaughts are not for everyone, I strongly recommend them for the experienced keeper only! They need special care to ensure longevity in captivity! Besides, why would anyone pay $600 for a panther when you can buy one for half the price elsewhere. I agree, your friend made a expensive mistake. Getting a education is never inexpensive!

I believe the store wasn’t telling it’s customers that they’re selling wild caught. A lot of super shady stuff goes on behind closed doors in a lot of pet stores. they hire inexperienced people to “ care “ for the reptiles. It honestly hurts my heart to ever step into big chain stores and see the living conditions for their reptiles.

Attachments

• F9239894-57FE-47F4-9E83-F28D5882DA81.jpeg
    F9239894-57FE-47F4-9E83-F28D5882DA81.jpeg
    102.3 KB · Views: 139
600$ is actually the rate for a wc right now and yes only buy a wc if you know what your doing they take way more time to acclimate than your normal Cham but for it to die 3 days later means it wasn’t treated at all but then like stated experience only if it was me I would of gave meds the day I got it

Back
Top Bottom