For all Leo lovers

lotus02

Just saw the most beautiful Black Pearl leopard geckos. They have just been released for sale here in Canada. Not sure if I can post a link to them or not, if it's aloud let me know.

Is it bad if I say I don't like them? :/ I can appreaciate the effort of getting a reeeeally dark gecko, but they're not my style. I do think it will be absolutely awesome though when they get them to stay pitch black even in adulthood!

Is it bad if I say I don't like them? :/ I can appreaciate the effort of getting a reeeeally dark gecko, but they're not my style. I do think it will be absolutely awesome though when they get them to stay pitch black even in adulthood!
Precisely why they only have baby pictures.. :rolleyes:

I prefer pink/red/orange geckos.

No each to their own taste.
My son has leos and when we saw them we both really liked them. He asked when he could get one. Although they are nice My reply was, When you move out. Nice just not a $1000 nice.:D

Leos are my new thing...I've been reading everything I can get my hands on concerning their genetics.

The Black pearls..ok lets forgo the "trade" name and call them melano or melanistic (Black pearl is the morph name from the guy who first produced them), are ok looking and personally I wouldn't mind having one. But if I did have one I would want to cross it with a snow to try and produce a stark white gecko with some really cool black spots....but that is just me..

And hell EFFIN no the price tag on them isn't worth as much as they are asking, but some people are way more serious about Leos than we are about chams and are willing to pay such high prices. Wait 2-3 years and they will be priced down as low as the mac snow, super snows, or tangerines..

Giants seem to be a better investment, cause they take longer to grow to their fulll size, proving their genetics. Therefor their price is high, yet reasonable, considering what you are getting.

If things go right, I'll be producing super snow super giants. :eek:

ummm yah urban gecko released them earlier in the year. They were several thousand dollars for ONE!!

Yes, I wouldn't pay $1000 for a gecko no matter what. But if you're one of these huge breeders like The Urban Gecko, for example, it's an investment. You pay $800-$1000 or more for an incredible male and start a breeding project using less expensive females, and over the course of a couple years (or less, depending on what you do) you may have produced a small collection of the morph on your own. Which in turn you sell for a riddiculous price or start a whole new morph project based on that original morph.

But if you're not as "huge" or as known the investment will never pay off. That being said I did meet someone who bought a little black pearl just as a pet. The guy only had about 3 leos but he'd spent a riddiculous amount of money to get three incredible individuals. Which, on one hand makes me a little jealous! lol If I had $1000 to burn I know I would get myself a couple of Tremper's tangelos and a couple of TUG's 5 star sunglows! But alas... lol

I felt the same way when I saw the price tag on them. Just wait a few years. At they rate they reproduce they will come down in price in a few years.

Back
Top Bottom