Foods/Multivitamins with Vit A??

Wow. It looks like Dr Rossi is the only exotics in town. In Orlando there’s Dr Bruce Bogoslavsky who I go to. It’s a bit of a drive, but he is well experienced with chameleons. His prices are reasonable too. https://myavho.com/ Put your cham in a box and she’ll sleep the whole drive.

Wow. It looks like Dr Rossi is the only exotics in town. In Orlando there’s Dr Bruce Bogoslavsky who I go to. It’s a bit of a drive, but he is well experienced with chameleons. His prices are reasonable too. https://myavho.com/ Put your cham in a box and she’ll sleep the whole drive.
Thank you.. How long have you been going to him? What has he been able to treat with ur chams? I might be able to get my mom to drive Green Bean and I out there if we're lucky

I’ve only gone to him a few times, but other members go to him too and he’s highly recommended. I took my panther cham when I first got him for a bad eye (was crusty and was closing it a lot), one of my girls for a papilloma, my male veiled for getting fat and a leopard gecko for a poor appetite. There is a pretty good exotics vet literally within walking distance of my home, but if I have a problem or concern, I make the 1 hour drive to Dr Bruce.

If you can’t make the trip to Dr Bruce, at least go back to Dr Rossi. He may not be an expert vet on chameleons, but he should be able to figure out the problem and suggest a treatment. When I searched thru the forum for a Jacksonville vet, he was mentioned by someone in an old post as being good. Also, do keep in mind that sometimes it takes a bit of time for treatment to work. It took months for my panther eye to fully clear and even now, after a year I think it still bothers him every now and then.

If you can’t make the trip to Dr Bruce, at least go back to Dr Rossi. He may not be an expert vet on chameleons, but he should be able to figure out the problem and suggest a treatment. When I searched thru the forum for a Jacksonville vet, he was mentioned by someone in an old post as being good. Also, do keep in mind that sometimes it takes a bit of time for treatment to work. It took months for my panther eye to fully clear and even now, after a year I think it still bothers him every now and then.
Just wanted you to let you know I was able to get green bean an appointment with Dr. Bruce for tomorrow morning! I'll update this thread afterwards. Thank you so much for the recommendation, I was so upset that she might have to wait until the 19th to see her usual vet

Just wondering how the visit with Dr Bruce went and how Green Bean is doing. :)
The vet appointment went good! She's okay. Dr. Bruce agreed the issue with her eyes looks to be a Vit A deficiency. Her X-ray came out great except her bone density wasn't so good from that time without UVB. I wish I took a pic of the X-ray but her bones looked slightly transparent. Dr. Bruce said she should make maybe 80% recovery from everything though it will take time.
The blood test results came back yesterday and I was told her white blood cell count is up and she has some liver issue but nothing that isn't salvageable. He has prescribed her Milk Thistle for the next 8 weeks.

Here are the husbandry changes he gave me: Get rid of the Flukers D3 and Herptivite Multivit, replace with Repashy Plus LoD. Use weekly for 8 weeks then maintain at every 2 weeks.
Increase daytime temp by 3-5 degrees.
Flush eyes with saline solution as needed.

Just wondering how the visit with Dr Bruce went and how Green Bean is doing. :)
She still is having eye boogers nearly everyday.. sometimes swelling goes up in one eye. The boogers and swelling luckily always correct after about 15mins in the shower. Dr. Bruce suggests to keep up with the showers and add saline.. She will continue to have eye issues until my husbandry changes take effect. Very sad for her about that but im just so thankful she's still kickin' and I can fix my errors yk

Thanks for the update. :) I’m so glad you were able to see Dr Bruce. Follow his instructions and with the changes you’ve made in husbandry and lots of time, your sweet lady will be ok. I’m so very glad that you found your way here to the forum and are making positive changes towards a long happy and healthy life for Green Bean.💗

Back
Top Bottom