Food?

the screaming ones.lol:rolleyes:
Just kidding
Houdinithevelied if you start getting other feeders like supers and dubias make sure you buy in bulk.
Your start up cost may be higher, but the pay off in the end is worth it.

besides

Besides bugs and worms, i'd try things like bannana, romaine lettuce, kiwi, and various other fruits and vegetables. My chameleon eats that stuff up!

Aww come on Julirs, i have just outgrown teenagdom and I don't think I was that bad. But to tell you the truth I don't think I would stand much of a fight to the wrath of a veiled...LOL. Luckily mines a little pussy cat so I am not afraid of him.

Aww come on Julirs, i have just outgrown teenagdom and I don't think I was that bad. But to tell you the truth I don't think I would stand much of a fight to the wrath of a veiled...LOL. Luckily mines a little pussy cat so I am not afraid of him.

Ashley-I am sure you were fine! As was I :)
I speak of the 3 that live in my house!:p

Ashley-I am sure you were fine! As was I :)
I speak of the 3 that live in my house!:p

Ha, nice. I am guessing your veiled won't eat them so you have to offer them to this poor guy.

Back to the question at hand... Is your cham tired of the foods you have been giving him or are you just gaining knowledge for the future?

Ha, nice. I am guessing your veiled won't eat them so you have to offer them to this poor guy.

Back to the question at hand... Is your cham tired of the foods you have been giving him or are you just gaining knowledge for the future?

Right now he just eats Crickets and worms and I was going to introduce new food to him. Is it ok to feed them Pinky mice?

You can... some say that pinkies are a great appetite inducer. They are however difficult for chams to digest because of all the bones and stuff. I would avoid them unless really necessary. He is still a bit young also.

Right now he just eats Crickets and worms and I was going to introduce new food to him. Is it ok to feed them Pinky mice?

once your chameleon is full grown adult it is ok for the occasional pinky. i feed my bearded dragon a couple every few weeks (i breed mice for my snakes so i have an overabundance LOL) and i can't wait till my chameleon is big enuf to feed the pinkies to as well. too many pinkies can lead to a very unhealthy cham. i am not sure of the problems at this moment but i have read that occasionally is ok. :)

You know their is alot of controversy on the pinky for a feeder.
I gave my veiled one, and he gobbled it up.
You should search the topic. Just type in pinky, and you will find a lot of information on it. It has been discussed here quite a bit.

Theres some dude that posted pictures in his gallery and his adult veiled ate a hummingbird when he was outside in a tree. insane

The female veiled eating the humming bird was an accident. The memeber had her out back while doing maintainence. By the time he turned around the veiled had the humming bird in her mouth and by the time he got the camera the chameleon had engulfed a lot of the bird. He did take it for a vet check to my memory.

Pinkies should only be a very occasional treat (if at all) there are some related health problems that could arise if they chameleon is feed to much of these.

A lot of people are posting what can be fed to veileds, but what do you feed your veileds (talking to everyone)? I want to make sure my cham receives proper nutrition via food but there are so many different things you can feed them that I think it would be difficult to get them all. I've heard about 7 different kinds of insects, all sorts of greens, fruit, and veggies. Some insects I've heard you're only supposed to feed so often and such. I got my cham four days ago and have fed her crickets only so far. I have mealworms on order and put kale in the cage although she didn't touch the kale.

What is your cham's diet?

Back
Top Bottom