food

yungzerk

Avid Member
todos new food came in and he will be so happy, first time ordering insects from online but it was a great success 🥰😁
IMG_2715.jpeg
IMG_2717.jpeg
IMG_2716.jpeg

I always order the small size hornworms from dubia. That way I know they won’t be too big for him. I feed them off as they grow. And you can always pop them in the fridge to slow growth. My guy choked on one once so now I’m just extra careful of the size.

I always order the small size hornworms from dubia. That way I know they won’t be too big for him. I feed them off as they grow. And you can always pop them in the fridge to slow growth. My guy choked on one once so now I’m just extra careful of the size.
thats good to know, a part of the reason i ordered the medium was cause i seen if you ordered small it couldve came with eggs and i wasnt really interested in waiting for them to hatch, but thankfully they sent a lot of tiny ones that i can feed him

Also, it’s not really recommended to tong feed chams. Their tongue can get stuck to them and they can really damage their tongue that way, to the point that they may have to have it amputated 😬
also good to know! I've tried tong feeding him in the past but thankfully hes never taken from them but ill no longer be trying that!

thats good to know, a part of the reason i ordered the medium was cause i seen if you ordered small it couldve came with eggs and i wasnt really interested in waiting for them to hatch, but thankfully they sent a lot of tiny ones that i can feed him
Hornworms hatch super quick after being laid. They probably would have hatched before arriving, but they are tiny and fragile and the movement of shipping would most likely kill them. Do think about trying some small (or extra small if available) silkworms next time. Awesome feeders - nutritious, hydrating, grow slower, don’t bite and the most likable bug ever.

also good to know! I've tried tong feeding him in the past but thankfully hes never taken from them but ill no longer be trying that!
Yea I tong fed for a day or two when I got Spaghetti. The previous owner told me that’s how she fed him. I started reading that night and was like “NOPE. I will no longer be doing that”

Hornworms hatch super quick after being laid. They probably would have hatched before arriving, but they are tiny and fragile and the movement of shipping would most likely kill them. Do think about trying some small (or extra small if available) silkworms next time. Awesome feeders - nutritious, hydrating, grow slower, don’t bite and the most likable bug ever.

i’ll be sure to buy a bunch of silkworms next time, thank you so much for the great information 🥰

Back
Top Bottom