Food Sources

mairinist

Hi all, I need some help!

I cannot find silkworms ANYWHERE! I've looked on several websites and pet stores and everywhere seems to be sold out or doesn't carry them. Right now. my poor juvenile veiled is stuck with crickets and mealworms (which I know aren't good to feed them, but I don't have anything else besides crickets at the moment).

What else should I buy along with silkworms if I find them, or instead of silkworms. Thank you!

Wax worms, black soldier fly larvae (or let the larvae pupate into flys.), superworms (easier to digest than mealworms), hornworms, mantids, dubia roaches.

Plenty of options out there. Hornworms are a good treat so get them in small quantities especially since they grow freaking fast unless you keep them cool.

BSFL or roaches would be my go too and are part of my chams regular diet along with crickets and supers.

Variety is key

silkworms arent regularly available most of the time (hoping to change this for purely the chameleon community we will see if my dream happens) but you can buy eggs and hatch them yourself, buy chow as well. Feed other staples such as supers (replace these with the mealworms), hornworms, bsfl, roaches... etc etc. ^^

Wax worms, black soldier fly larvae (or let the larvae pupate into flys.), superworms (easier to digest than mealworms), hornworms, mantids, dubia roaches.

Plenty of options out there. Hornworms are a good treat so get them in small quantities especially since they grow freaking fast unless you keep them cool.

BSFL or roaches would be my go too and are part of my chams regular diet along with crickets and supers.

Variety is key
are butterworms good too? I just bought some of those because I read they have high nutritional value.

yea butters are good but also in moderation, I would try bsfl or try looking on ebay, ebay might carry silks

I was going to ask if you checked the market on here but when I went to check for you it’s not in the menu anymore. Must be part of the upgrades...

@Brad @Decadancin is that one of the features that are temporally off line or am I just missing it?

Go to Lindasgonebuggie.com, she has Horns, Super Worms Black Soldier Fly larvae, Hornworms, and occasionally Silks. Tell her the size of your cham and she can send the right size food.

CHEERS!

Nick

I was going to ask if you checked the market on here but when I went to check for you it’s not in the menu anymore. Must be part of the upgrades...

@Brad @Decadancin is that one of the features that are temporally off line or am I just missing it?

So the Classifieds are still there, and the "We Love Our Sponsors" is there too, Is it just maybe the positioning or was there another part I'm forgetting about?

So the Classifieds are still there, and the "We Love Our Sponsors" is there too, Is it just maybe the positioning or was there another part I'm forgetting about?
This is what I’m seeing. Didn’t there used to be a market or classified tab at the bottom of the main menu tree?
CBABAFCD-52FB-466F-AEE2-E554177F9287.png

Ain’t it funny how human memory works? We’ve both seen that menu a thousand times but if you take it away for two days and we can’t remember what it looks like!

Back
Top Bottom