food and misting

Fed every day now as much as he wants really. Misting length is going to depend on a few factors. Your enclosure, humidity levels, and how long it takes to trigger a drinking response. Typically we mist in the morning and evening when the cage is cooler.

Fed every day now as much as he wants really. Misting length is going to depend on a few factors. Your enclosure, humidity levels, and how long it takes to trigger a drinking response. Typically we mist in the morning and evening when the cage is cooler.
ok. I know crickets are not great I try to be a roaches but he don’t seem to like them or maybe they don’t move enough for him to see Also I would like to buy a fogger which one should I get what do you recommend

ok. I know crickets are not great I try to be a roaches but he don’t seem to like them or maybe they don’t move enough for him to see Also I would like to buy a fogger which one should I get what do you recommend
There is nothing wrong with feeding crickets. Just buy them from a company so you do not have to worry about getting dirty ones from a pet store. As long as they are gutloaded correctly they are a great feeder.

So check out foggers that are top fill. These are easier to use. Just make sure you can get night time temp drops at least below 67-68. Ideally 65. And do not fog during the day. A lot of people seem to like the pets pioneer fogger. https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07V39ZYJB/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_vplXDb9GMSZDZ

chameleon-gutload.jpg

Variety of foods is key & crickets is definitely a stable in availability staple food source. They are cheap and easily kept without too much effort & can be gutloaded. They can be fed too small/baby chameleons as can get small sizes readily.

They just have some drawbacks like if left free range feeding can hide and injure by biting your chameleon as it sleeps as they are nocturnal. They also have high phosphorus to calcium ratio and especially farmed crickets are fed high phosphorus diet (makes them bigger), so important to supplement with calcium and gutloud. Can be noisy and extremely annoying if escape as well as smell if not cleaned out regularly.

Back
Top Bottom