Follow up pets?

What pets are very compatible with a household with chameleons. Im looking into getting a different pet not any time soon but somewhere in the near future. Any advice on what kind of pets I should get. Something that would be great in my apartment with 2 chams. I was thinking of either a bearded dragon or a hedgehog. Maybe you can recommend something else.

Sometime in the far future when I have enough space I'm looking into a Meller Chameleon and maybe a Tegu or a breed of Iguana.

THANKS!

Saltwater fish, lol, they have never bothered my chams, and fwiw id get the hedgehog, cute animal and eats insects too

Sana

I have cats and my daughter has bearded dragons- cat's can be a problem as they will kill things given a chance - my chameleons don't bother them or they the chameleons but you do have to cat proof your cages even if they aren't in the same room - they will climb on a cage for the heat given a chance. I did find one of my cats sitting in the cricket bin one morning - I have a reptile room and the cat's aren't allowed in it usually but they can be very sneaky.

My vet's office has a bearded dragon and when I took my very small jackson in he made it clear that he would like her as a snack - I didn't show her to him but he spotted her from across the room- my own don't seem to notice the chameleons but I would be careful if baby chameleons are in your future and you decide on a dragon. Besides that issue the dragon's are great - they all eat about the same thing and are much more social than chameleons - their salad fixing make great gut loads.

If it will also live in a tank or cage then really anything is fine. I wouldn't get a cat or something predatory like that that lives loose in the house, but a hedgehod, a beardie, even a snake, are all a-ok. Nearly anything is compatible so long as each species is living by itself in its own enclosure and you don't force them to interact (like when I see people stacking different reptiles together to get a photo, etc.) Visual dividers are a good option if them seeing each other makes you nervous.

Beardies are great, super laid back (but their poo stinks! Fair warning), hedgehogs can be a lot of fun... it's really whatever you prefer!

My veiled several years ago loooved my fresh water tank. Watching the tetras up close was her fave!

nerkKL.jpg

I have 2 veileds and I plan to incorporate a free range cage soon, so cats would be out for a while.

I'm torn between a hedgehog or a beardie.. Hmm..... Any comparisons between the two?

If it will also live in a tank or cage then really anything is fine. I wouldn't get a cat or something predatory like that that lives loose in the house, but a hedgehod, a beardie, even a snake, are all a-ok. Nearly anything is compatible so long as each species is living by itself in its own enclosure and you don't force them to interact (like when I see people stacking different reptiles together to get a photo, etc.) Visual dividers are a good option if them seeing each other makes you nervous.

Beardies are great, super laid back (but their poo stinks! Fair warning), hedgehogs can be a lot of fun... it's really whatever you prefer!

My veiled several years ago loooved my fresh water tank. Watching the tetras up close was her fave!

nerkKL.jpg

Thats a great pic Olimpia :D

Hedgehogs make great pets if you can get a friendly one who won't spike you every time you wanna touch him, beardies are usually friendly and like to be handled but I personally would go for the hedgehog.

Hedgehogs make great pets if you can get a friendly one who won't spike you every time you wanna touch him, beardies are usually friendly and like to be handled but I personally would go for the hedgehog.

Im thinking about that too, although with my insect colonies a beardie would be a good addition. Then again my girlfriend says I should stay away from lizards for awhile. So where can you recommend I get a hedgehog?

Back
Top Bottom