Fogging hook up to PVC pipe...

Yep.
Depending on your fogger, you may have to do some drilling to get the pipe to fit.
I used a pipe cap and drilled through that with a step drill bit
That's genius!!!! I think that's what I needed to do with mine. I couldn't do the straight PVC cuz I couldn't get it lined up DIRECTLY where the pipe ran so I would have to run a small horizontal line, if I did I think I would have it pitched so it wouldn't hold water.

I'm in the process of rearranging the enclosure's so there is only one hooked up right now .
The plan is to plumb another fogger into the one pictured and use it on the cages to the right (2 xl's)
I have another basket above the one pictured, and I will connect two more and run pipe down from it to feed the cages on the left 5 larges)
And another basket on the other side of the shelf, with another fohger, which I will use to feed the cages to right of the two xl's (2 mediums).
20210128_212204.jpg
20210128_212204.jpg
I went with 1 1/4" pipe and tees and elbows for fog exit.
Have not tried drilling the pipe .
I need to find a formula or a diagram of which sized holes to drill and where to place them so there will be even fog being dispersed down the length of the pipe.

I’ve been using a 3 way collapsable splitter tube for mine, which works fine... but because its collapsable, water can build up in the tubes.

I need to set up a rack wide
fogger for the babies, but I am hesitant to use PVC as its known to release chemicals into soil and water. Copper is ridiculously expensive, though, and pvc is the cheaper and def the easier method. I want to check out some of the water-supply tubes available to see if any are rigid enough for me to drill, and cheaper than copper.

edit to add: the pvc point may be moot anyway since the babies are in plastic bins, too.

The habistat is good like that can be filled without moving it . I need to make some adjustments all I could get today 20 mm pvc conduit . 5 eight mm holes. Fs with lock down in the uk haven't been out in weeks you would have thought I was going to the Maldives nope hardware store yeah lol 😆. Might go for smaller tube and bigger holes will see

Attachments

• 20210129_160403.jpg
    20210129_160403.jpg
    329.3 KB · Views: 72
  • 20210129_184138.jpg
    20210129_184138.jpg
    125.3 KB · Views: 63
  • 20210129_191130.jpg
    20210129_191130.jpg
    91 KB · Views: 71
So got a 5 percent increase in humidity with pvc fog curtain picked up by the govee (no direct fog near it )and near 15 %where my girl sleeps . So reasonably pleased as only the back and one side are closed in

Not answering your question but there is is a 10 % variation the thing is with a half open enclosure that there is a high directional humidity stream in the area where she sleeps

Back
Top Bottom