Fogging hook up to PVC pipe...

Beman

Social Media Manager
Staff member
So I know we all have different ways of setting up cages... I am particularly interested in how you run your foggers... I know some will run a PVC pipe cap the end and drill holes in the bottom for the fog to flow through. For those that have done this have you mounted the tube inside the cage or on the top screen? So if you have it sitting on the top of the cage. Is there much water build up like pooling on the screen? Or does it basically go down with gravity. With my quad sitting on the top I am hesitant to have moisture flowing into it.
If you have pictures that would be great to. :)

I just put my fogger on the top -- it does collect a little water and in the morning I tap the top of the enclosure to clear the water -- but I have two single fixtures, not a quad, so it never goes near the fixtures. If you do the PVC System into the enclosure or the "drip" pvc be sure to take lots of pictures b/c I have no idea how to do that!

Do you run the rain nozzle on your enclosure?
No I have the mistking nozzles mounted inside. But I am thinking for better spread overall in an enclosure to run a long PVC tube for the fogging at night. My concern is making a huge hole in the top screen. I know a few people last year were laying the pvc on top of the cage though instead of inside.

I just put my fogger on the top -- it does collect a little water and in the morning I tap the top of the enclosure to clear the water -- but I have two single fixtures, not a quad, so it never goes near the fixtures. If you do the PVC System into the enclosure or the "drip" pvc be sure to take lots of pictures b/c I have no idea how to do that!
I will take pictures :)

Id be more concerned on having the top screen rust over time.

I just use a vacuum cleaner line and just pipe it directly in. I suppose i could get fancy and cap off the end, and cross drill some holes all over the last foot of tube and run it across the top.

Mine sits on the top of the screen and in the morning there are a few drops on the screen that drip through no pooling and no rust after more than a year. 4A0AF942-925E-4585-9884-6FB0CAE2FAD9.jpeg

So I recently installed my fog wall in the back right corner, it runs all the way to bottom. Kinda hard to see in the pics but I have holes drilled 2 inches apart running all the way down. I drilled larger holes on the top, middle, and bottom, in the Hope's it will disperse more fog there. Eventually I will tape the holes up so I can spray the foam around it, do the background, coco fiber mixed with some cork backing, air plants, variety of wood straights? I have one or two more plants to install still but it's coming along nicely! I was thinking of running another 2 lines that consecutively gets shorter as it runs to the left. So one half the length of the current line, in the center back and than one very short line in the back left but maybe that's overkill? 🤷‍♂️ I also drilled a small hole in the end cap because I did notice water collected in it. Maybe I need to go with a higher gauge pipe? I'm using 3/4 and I like it cuz its thin, gives me more room and it fits well with the fogger I have.

Can you FIND🧐FLEXX!??[Last pic]

Attachments

• 20210122_105402.jpg
    20210122_105402.jpg
    63.1 KB · Views: 109
  • 20210122_105423.jpg
    20210122_105423.jpg
    86 KB · Views: 117
  • 20210125_135227.jpg
    20210125_135227.jpg
    88.1 KB · Views: 117
ISo I recently installed my fog wall in the back right corner, it runs all the way to bottom. Kinda hard to see in the pics but I have holes drilled 2 inches apart running all the way down. I drilled larger holes on the top, middle, and bottom, in the Hope's it will disperse more fog there. Eventually I will tape the holes up so I can spray the foam around it, do the background, coco fiber mixed with some cork backing, air plants, variety of wood straights? I have one or two more plants to install still but it's coming along nicely! I was thinking of running another 2 lines that consecutively gets shorter as it runs to the left. So one half the length of the current line, in the center back and than one very short line in the back left but maybe that's overkill? 🤷‍♂️ I also drilled a small hole in the end cap because I did notice water collected in it. Maybe I need to go with a higher gauge pipe? I'm using 3/4 and I like it cuz its thin, gives me more room and it fits well with the fogger I have.

Can you FIND🧐FLEXX!??[Last pic]
If you replace the flex feed pipe with straight pvc, you will be surprised at the amount of extra fog you will get.
Flex pipe is a huge friction source.

I have 1 1/2 inch coming out of the humidifier and then I reduce it to 1 inch PVC as it goes across the top of the cages.
Adding this to my set up as well so perfect timing. My question is how do you have the pvc pipe coming out of the humidifier being held on there? Would you mind posting a picture of how you have the humidifier set up please

@JuniorC I took my top of the fogger to the hardware store with me. Told the guys to let me do my thing... Found all the fittings that would work for the size it was. Mine was a weird size so I had to have a piece of flex pipe which sucked but most you can hook in easily with a fitting.
Keep in mind screw on pieces suck, do push on and off or you will never get them a part to clean.

@JuniorC I took my top of the fogger to the hardware store with me. Told the guys to let me do my thing... Found all the fittings that would work for the size it was. Mine was a weird size so I had to have a piece of flex pipe which sucked but most you can hook in easily with a fitting.
Keep in mind screw on pieces suck, do push on and off or you will never get them a part to clean.
Lol that's funny but sounds good. I gotta see which humidifier to order that way I can see the actual size. Would any cool mist humidifier work?

Back
Top Bottom