Foggers

Flick boy

Chameleon Enthusiast
Hi I have a habistat fogger/humidifier. As I have always been on this forum and mostly recommended. But noticed that a fellow uk member has said they are controversial in the uk (and when I looked up fb group here said no fogger for panthers at all any thoughts (I asked a guy in the uk with a you tube channel why he thought they where bad no reply. ??

I think it’s because the UK wooden enclosures with a solid top and sliding glass doors don’t have proper airflow, so there is no option for a chimney effect, unless you modify those enclosures with a screen top and air vents at the bottom of the front, maybe?

That makes sense of course so maybe some here are ruling them out completely so there is no confusion and making it easier for them not to have to explain. I run mine from 3am to 6. When it's typically at present 59 /64 f . There are repti breeze and muji panther enclosures here its a shame that some stores sell wooden enclosures that imo are not suitable for chameleons and mostly not big enough.

That makes sense of course so maybe some here are ruling them out completely so there is no confusion and making it easier for them not to have to explain. I run mine from 3am to 6. When it's typically at present 59 /64 f . There are repti breeze and muji panther enclosures here its a shame that some stores sell wooden enclosures that imo are not suitable for chameleons and mostly not big enough.
The Muji cages are so cool, and I wish we had them in the US!

Would they not be the equivalent to dragon strand . If there is good air flow Would it not be safe to say foggers are good. And would good fans aid in this at night

Would they not be the equivalent to dragon strand . If there is good air flow Would it not be safe to say foggers are good. And would good fans aid in this at night
No, the Muji enclosures are more similar to Zen Habitats, which IMO are far superior to DS in many respects.

Yes, with sufficient airflow, foggers would be appropriate if nighttime humidity cannot be achieved otherwise.

With a chimney effect, fans shouldn't be necessary. If they are, they can be humidity-controlled.

Some folks don't realize how powerful some muffin fans can be. I have a temp-controlled ultra-quiet on my beardie box. It's not all that "ultra" :rolleyes: but it does run very little; it can do a complete air change in under a minute. My point is, when choosing one (and I still recommend ultra-quiets) it's important IMO to match the air-change rate to the enclosure. The goal is air movement and ventilation—not sucking all the fog out of the enclosure. ;)

Interesting iused 4 lucky reptile terra fans in the beginning when my girl was in the exo supposed to be temperature controlled

Interesting iused 4 lucky reptile terra fans in the beginning when my girl was in the exo supposed to be temperature controlled
It depends on the type of enclosure. With an all-screen enclosure, fans probably aren't necessary due to natural air-flow/ventilation. In a more closed (not closed) enclosure, like a hybrid with one intake and one outlet, a fan will have more of an effect.

Think of running a vacuum cleaner without anything to direct or guide the suction vs. using a hose.

Back
Top Bottom