Fogger?

Which fogger are you using?
I use this one... I don't like that I have to set it every night. Will not hook up to any timer that I have found. Works great and was easy to modify. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B077MLKCYW/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I have heard good things about this one though as well. https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07V39ZYJB/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_vplXDb9GMSZDZ

fogger.jpg
fogger4.jpg

Hey @Beman What kind of water do you use for your set up? I saw that Distilled was recommended. Any thoughts on RO?
I use RO only for everything. Fogger, mistking, and the dripper when I used one. I have never had an issue with it. I have used distilled like once or twice when the store I buy RO from was closed from Covid but I noticed no difference with it vs the RO. I am able to get RO much cheaper per gallon then distilled. :)

I use RO only for everything. Fogger, mistking, and the dripper when I used one. I have never had an issue with it. I have used distilled like once or twice when the store I buy RO from was closed from Covid but I noticed no difference with it vs the RO. I am able to get RO much cheaper per gallon then distilled. :)
Is it ok to use tap water but drop a few dropsof reptisafe?

It depends on the humidity of your house. The house I used to live in England had poor insulation and the humidity would drop down to 30 percent ambient. So even lower closer to the basking point. I bought a regular humidifier and then used some PVC piping to direct it into the top of the cage. I put this on a timer and found the sweet spot of keeping the humidity at 55%. I have a panther chameleon. Then I moved to Austria and the general housing insulation is a lot better, probably because it gets hotter and colder and I found that the humidity would sit around 55-66% ambient so didnt really ever have to use the humidifier. One thing I would keep an eye on using a fogger at night is standing moisture or general wetness. This will be harder to dry and could lead to bacteria / mould forming

It depends on the humidity of your house. The house I used to live in England had poor insulation and the humidity would drop down to 30 percent ambient. So even lower closer to the basking point. I bought a regular humidifier and then used some PVC piping to direct it into the top of the cage. I put this on a timer and found the sweet spot of keeping the humidity at 55%. I have a panther chameleon. Then I moved to Austria and the general housing insulation is a lot better, probably because it gets hotter and colder and I found that the humidity would sit around 55-66% ambient so didnt really ever have to use the humidifier. One thing I would keep an eye on using a fogger at night is standing moisture or general wetness. This will be harder to dry and could lead to bacteria / mould forming
I have a high natural humidity level of 65-70% and I still fog every single night to get up above 85%. I run mine from 12am-5am. Its the hydration they do well with so I provide it. In fact there is rarely any moisture left by the time lights come on at 7:30am only on the screen top is there a sign that it was running. I have never had an issue of anything not drying out. I do use all real branches and plants though. Never an issue of bacteria or mold.

If you were fogging during the day this was why you were having issues. Heat from lights are not good with fogging and can lead to many issues including a respiratory infection.

Is it ok to use tap water but drop a few dropsof reptisafe?
Reptisafe does not pull the minerals out of the water. That is why we use RO or distilled. The minerals are what cause build up in your lines and equipment. It can also leave a powdery looking coating on plants etc.

Your water may be better then ours in the US though. I don't know how they treat it there.

Hey Beman I don't have any humidity issues was just pointing out something to keep an eye out for as mold likes to thrive above 70% but if everything is fine on your end then I guess its advice you wont be needing (y)

I just installed an ROES-50 last week. Mainly for my chameleon and dog hahaha.

Also my isopods!

I just installed an ROES-50 last week. Mainly for my chameleon and dog hahaha.

Also my isopods!
Ok now I am officially jealous... I have no place I can hook one up. old house with old plumbing. Had someone come out and they did not even want to remove a faucet because they said they would have to cut the pipe because the fittings were like cemented together lol.

Ok now I am officially jealous... I have no place I can hook one up. old house with old plumbing. Had someone come out and they did not even want to remove a faucet because they said they would have to cut the pipe because the fittings were like cemented together lol.
Hmmm this one just ties to the cold water line... I YouTubed the installation it was pretty easy. Just need some room under sink for the filters and the reservoir.

Back
Top Bottom