Fogger recommendations?

Mark_C

Established Member
The fogger (cool mist humidifier) I picked up is small capacity and runs through over half its fill with a 4 hour mist on low.
It also needs its full canister to be removed to be refilled and I'm questioning its actual effectiveness as my early (5-6am) humidity is much lower than I'd like.

Any experience on recommendations on large capacity cool humidifiers that are for reptiles (or can be converted)?
Reliable built in timer or remote unit experiences appreciated.

Also, has anyone ever tried running a smaller cool mist on the floor of their enclosure in an area free of canopy coverage? Just curious.

I use the pets pioneer brand recommended by chameleon academy, fills from top. Does not raise the humidity of the entire cage but makes waterfall of fog from top to bottom that the chameleon sleeps in every night. Some how they figure out where to roost where the stream of fog will be. Also to save water I fog 30 min on and 30 min off as noted in the chameleon academy hydration schedule.

Last edited:
I also use the petspioneer humidifier and love it! It was recommended to me by members here. I wish I could remember who to give them credit but I have a bad memory! Anyway it can be filled from the top without removing anything. The tank lasts for 3 days for me. I have it turn on at 1am and off at 5 am. Works well for my chams needs. I use pvc piping that I just sit over the top spout of the humidifier and it takes the fog up and over the top of the cage and it cascades down over the cage.

Hey!

I use this one! Also produces a waterfall of fog and does a great job at increasing overall humidity. I really like it, it works perfectly with a timer as well. I was debating between this one and the pets poineer but ultimately this one had higher reviews and was a little less expensive so I went with it and don't regret it at all. Only slight downside is that it's bottom fill so that can be a pain but on the bright side of that, it makes it easier to clean. Great alternative imo :)

Back
Top Bottom