Fogger placement.

Twells92

Established Member
I did a ‘quick’ search, and didn’t see anything, sorry in advanced if there is a thread already. Where do you guys have your fogger a placed at? Ex; top of cage going down, backside going in? Center or bottom? I’m sure everyone’s case is different.

Guess it also depends on what your fogger "looks like". If it's a 1 gal consumer all-in-one unit it may well go near the top (or on top) of the enclosure. Mine is a 3 head mist maker inside a 15 gal container (also feeds my mister) that belongs at the floor level.

I situate the hose outlet outside of the enclosure directly above a hanging plant on the inside of the enclosure mounted very closely to the top to both break up and slow the fog current and to create drips as moisture accumulates on the leaves.

Top of enclosure pointing straight down.

Last edited:
All in one unit? Mister + fog?
No :) that came out wrong... By all-in-one I meant this vs DIY
20180609063829089489_1563905208.jpg

Yes, my fogger hose is in the top, going down (since the fog is heavier than the air and it wont rise)
It is also situated right above my hanging plant to create the most dew drops for morning.

Both of my vivs have a 360* ring built into the top of each. I plug my fogger into each. Only runs for a few hours after midnight. Creates a full waterfall of fog all around the viv. A few ports are aimed more towards the center as well.
1B7C6FE5-C047-4667-830C-6AE5B8AEB036.jpeg
A79E852F-0FFC-47D1-973A-AC9983EE9D24.jpeg

2C3BD6BA-C873-4E10-A6ED-8A8D9817A7C1.png

Both of my vivs have a 360* ring built into the top of each. I plug my fogger into each. Only runs for a few hours after midnight. Creates a full waterfall of fog all around the viv. A few ports are aimed more towards the center as well.

Can you pls measure/estimate how much water (in volume) you're fogging overnight?

Back
Top Bottom