Fogger ok?

gremlin980

Hello all! So I have a juvi panther and am keeping him in a 18x18x36 reptibreeze. I have a dripper running 24/7. I was wondering if I can run the repti fogger on a low setting all day down from the top of the cage as an alternative to ever misting throughout the day. He is staying hydrated from dripper, and my gauges say humidity levels are fine. So I don't see why not?

Hello all! So I have a juvi panther and am keeping him in a 18x18x36 reptibreeze. I have a dripper running 24/7. I was wondering if I can run the repti fogger on a low setting all day down from the top of the cage as an alternative to ever misting throughout the day. He is staying hydrated from dripper, and my gauges say humidity levels are fine. So I don't see why not?

The main issue may be with the reptifogger itself. I don't know how long it will run before the water drops too low. If it runs dry it may damage the mechanism unless it has an auto shut off. Check the instructions to see if there's a warning about letting run too long. If your humidity levels and your cham are fine, there's really no need to leave it running all the time. Cycling it with a timer would save water and a few watts.

The main issue may be with the reptifogger itself. I don't know how long it will run before the water drops too low. If it runs dry it may damage the mechanism unless it has an auto shut off. Check the instructions to see if there's a warning about letting run too long. If your humidity levels and your cham are fine, there's really no need to leave it running all the time. Cycling it with a timer would save water and a few watts.
On the lowest setting a small amount of water is used and it does in fact have an auto shut off. So knowing this, do you think it is a safe alternative to misting?

On the lowest setting a small amount of water is used and it does in fact have an auto shut off. So knowing this, do you think it is a safe alternative to misting?

You'll probably need to do some misting to make sure he has enough condensed water droplets to drink (unless you are sure he really stays well hydrated from his dripper alone). Maybe you could do one good misting in the morning, run the dripper as usual, and maybe fog in the afternoon.

Back
Top Bottom