Fluker's high-calcium cricket food ????

kenluvschameleons

Does anyone have an opinion on Fluker's high calcium cricket food? I make my own gutload- kale, fresh spinach, romaine, acorn squash, carrot, apple, green beans,mango, papaya, and various melons. I started mixing in fluker's, and now im second guessing that. because I haven't seen any senior members recommend it. Any input would be appreciated. :confused:

Cricket Crack is my favorite. Contact Steve Sims (SSimsswiSS) or at buycricketcrack.com/

Due to the supply chain in bigger companies, even if you trusted the ingredients, they may be depleted. Gut loads are perishable, keep them refrigerated.

Steve also makes a super worm chow.

Go on Steve's crack, you won't regret it!:D

Nick

You will need both. Dry and fruit and veg for moisture. Check out sandrachameleons gut loads, they are great. I make my own too.:)

Does anyone have an opinion on Fluker's high calcium cricket food? I make my own gutload- kale, fresh spinach, romaine, acorn squash, carrot, apple, green beans,mango, papaya, and various melons. I started mixing in fluker's, and now im second guessing that. because I haven't seen any senior members recommend it. Any input would be appreciated. :confused:

IMHO its not ideal. Not going to do any harm mixing it in with your other better stuff, but if I were you I wouldn't buy any more of it if once you've used it up.

you might find the info in this link useful:
https://www.chameleonforums.com/blogs/sandrachameleon/847-commercial-gutloads.html

Honestly, the calcium content of kale is plenty and most only recommend using it occasionally. If you can keep them on a fresh gut load then by all means do so.
Dry gut loads are needed for getting in the necessary grains and fiber that most miss with fresh loads.

I bought flukers high calcium cricket diet the same day i bought my first cham... needless to say it is a commercially produced dry gut load, comparable to a half jack version of sandrachamelons recipe.
Flukers is not exactly ideal but it does not break the bank when you are in a pinch to feed your cricks. I use it every now and again and both jacks and veiled have been doing great. No signs of over supplementation, even with weekly calcium boosts and monthly multi-vit.

Honestly, the calcium content of kale is plenty and most only recommend using it occasionally. .... No signs of over supplementation, even with weekly calcium boosts and monthly multi-vit.

kale is used in moderation not because it has calcium, but because it is somewhat high in oxalic acid and potentially goitrogenic.

the fluckers stuff is not going to boost your crickets to high calcium, despite what the label says.

thanx everyone. the knowledge base from this forum has been great.
I bought the fluker's because its the only thing available locally (50 mile radius), but Im just going to have to get everything online from here on out.
It will be cheaper online anyway. last week I bought a zoo-med 24" 5.0 uvb at a price of $47. thanks local pet store for your 100% mark up. but I had to have it asap, and couldn't wait for shipping.

Back
Top Bottom