Flowering plants

Monta

Established Member
Hi Chameleon Fans!!, I would like to add some color to all my green plants I already have . So the one plant I'm interested in the Mandevilla plant. The plant comes in a variety of colors but want to know if the plant is poisonist? Does anyone know if it is ?

Hi Chameleon Fans!!, I would like to add some color to all my green plants I already have . So the one plant I'm interested in the Mandevilla plant. The plant comes in a variety of colors but want to know if the plant is poisonist? Does anyone know if it is ?

I am not sure, but the forum may have a safe plant chart. If not google any plant you want, to see if it is safe for reptiles. LLL reptile has a safe plant chart ( I googled it) the plant you want is not on the safe list. Sorry. But you can now check some others.

If you want color there are some colorful leaved plants that aren't as hard to keep up as flowers. Croton and Tradescantia (wandering jew) have colorful foliage.

So many flowering plants need very direct bright sunlight and this is hard to give them in the typical cham cage unless you have a growlight aimed specifically at them. I know fake plants are not perfect, but sometimes they have their uses. I have added a bit of color to a cage with a silk flower branch. Just be sure your cham doesn't try to eat the fake flowers!

As mentioned look into bromeliads(don't plant then in soil!), wandering jew(hard to kill), croton, orchids(I don't personally use these), episcia, hibiscus(you'll need a jungle dawn at least, or cycle it in and out).

I am not sure, but the forum may have a safe plant chart. If not google any plant you want, to see if it is safe for reptiles. LLL reptile has a safe plant chart ( I googled it) the plant you want is not on the safe list. Sorry. But you can now check some others.
Thank you Laurie!

As mentioned look into bromeliads(don't plant then in soil!), wandering jew(hard to kill), croton, orchids(I don't personally use these), episcia, hibiscus(you'll need a jungle dawn at least, or cycle it in and out).
Thank you James , also are there any leafy vegetables he can have. I've noticed mine likes to munch on my Pothes leaves once in a while.

Back
Top Bottom