Florida Skunk Roach

chameleonoobie

I am not allowed to have Dubias in Florida, but I was working in the yard over the weekend and discovered I have many Florida Skunk roaches under boulders and logs in my yard. They actually look somewhat like Dubias with very short useless wings. I’m going to start a colony from them and see how they go. These emit a stinky liquid when highly disturbed, anybody know if this is harmful in any way to chams? I have also found some Green Cuban banana roaches too. :)

the chameleons love the green banana roaches
definately start a colony of those
warning though, they can fly

I live close to fort lauderdale, have you had any luck with the roaches? I've been looking for roaches, but it seems as if every type of roach is illegal lol.

Discoid roaches are allowed in Florida. They are similar to dubia but not illegal to have shipped in.

I bought a bunch of nymphs a while back on kingsnake

Discoid roaches are allowed in Florida. They are similar to dubia but not illegal to have shipped in.

I bought a bunch of nymphs a while back on kingsnake

Are they easy to start a colony with? I want to get away from crickets for a while.

I believe they are about the same as dubia. I got mine as little nymphs and they grow rapidly while on a heating pad. Discoid get a little bigger than dubia I think.

While living in Central America, I regularly fed a male jackson's chameleon, large, very stinky (when handled), wild caught roaches. These were by far his favorite food items.

Its actually (technically) illegal to ship any king of roach into florida but you can purchase them from someone already in florida.

VeiledChams- if you are in Broward County, check out Ben Siegel’s. They sell discoids. I started a colony from theirs.
(Ben Siegel on Hillsboro west of I95 they are across the street from where they used to be)

VeiledChams- if you are in Broward County, check out Ben Siegel’s. They sell discoids. I started a colony from theirs.
(Ben Siegel on Hillsboro west of I95 they are across the street from where they used to be)

Awesome! I got a $48 store credit voucher so I'll use it on that. Thanks!

Back
Top Bottom