Florida residents chime in please.

Okay, there is a slight chance that I might move from Southern California to Miami, Florida. I've only been to Orlando during my honeymoon so I don't really know what it's like to live there. What is it like living there? I remember that it is HUMID and my hair would not cooperate lol. What's Miami like? I may take some time off work to check it out with my husband in the next few weeks.

It does get humid and muggy sometimes. Recently in my area we had 3 straight days of rain. But most of the time, if you like sunny weather, that's what you'll get.

I live a couple hours north of Miami and absolutely love it. We have warm pleasant weather year round. I'm about a mile from the ocean and we always have a breeze and the humidity here seems much better than when we lived in Savannah, GA.

Miami is gonna be more warmer than S.Cal. Ive lived in both places,actually there kinda similiar to me anyway. If you like to party SOBE is the place for that.lol. Taking any chams with you out there?

Do you know what area of Miami you're looking at?
I actually don't know, but if I find out I will let you guys know.

I live a couple hours north of Miami and absolutely love it. We have warm pleasant weather year round. I'm about a mile from the ocean and we always have a breeze and the humidity here seems much better than when we lived in Savannah, GA.
You make it sound so nice Jann! I do love being close to the beach. I used to live 30 minutes away from the beach and I loved it. Now it takes me almost an hour without traffic :(

Miami is gonna be more warmer than S.Cal. Ive lived in both places,actually there kinda similiar to me anyway. If you like to party SOBE is the place for that.lol. Taking any chams with you out there?
Good to know, I don't really "party" anymore but I like having options haha. I'd take all of my chams with me, I can't leave any of my pets because of a move (unless it's dangerous to their health, etc). I think Florida would be perfect for raising chams :)

I live in south Miami. If you can get on the outskirts of Miami you'll have less traffic and a more enjoyable life. :)

seriously angela, you're moving from a sunny year round place to another sunny year round place...not fair.

Oh ok, so right in the heart of Downtown. I live on an island right off of Brickell Ave and this area is nice. There are plenty of cool apartments in downtown, depending on your budget, and lots of really awesome restaurants and such. And then lots of residential areas not too far from this street.

The traffic in Miami is pretty nuts during certain parts of the day, but if you end up around this area or a little south you have everything you need relatively close by.

Also, if you're looking for a place to eat near Brickell one day, go and find Rosinella's if you like Italian. It's owned by a lady that couldn't be any more Neapolitan if she tried and the food is phenomenal.

seriously angela, you're moving from a sunny year round place to another sunny year round place...not fair.

Haha, I really don't do well in the cold. I don't mind playing in the snow for a day but I don't want to be living in it for months at a time. Have you ever considered moving to a warmer state?

Oh ok, so right in the heart of Downtown. I live on an island right off of Brickell Ave and this area is nice. There are plenty of cool apartments in downtown, depending on your budget, and lots of really awesome restaurants and such. And then lots of residential areas not too far from this street.

The traffic in Miami is pretty nuts during certain parts of the day, but if you end up around this area or a little south you have everything you need relatively close by.

Also, if you're looking for a place to eat near Brickell one day, go and find Rosinella's if you like Italian. It's owned by a lady that couldn't be any more Neapolitan if she tried and the food is phenomenal.

Thanks for the info Olimpia! After I looked it up, I realized it was a big CITY haha. I'd imagine the traffic can't be worse than Los Angeles/Beverly Hills traffic during peak hours.

Move on down here - you can always cut your hair if the humidity gets too bad! I live on the West Coast of FL, directly across the state from Miami, and that city is a little too much for me. Nice to visit for the day, but I wouldn't want to live there. That being said, I'd love to live on Key Biscayne, where Olympia is - it's fairly quiet and beautiful, have no idea about the cost of living there though. Scout around - I'm sure you can find a place outside the city that has a not-bad commute. Good luck, and we hope to welcome you to the other Sunshine State! :D

Back
Top Bottom