Florida beauties and poka dot plants

Chey1995

Just wondering if anyone has ever used Florida beauties or poka dots plants with a veiled or Jackson chameleon. I did my research and I’m seeing that the Florida beauty has toxic properties but the other one may not. Of course I couldn’t find much about either being toxic to reptiles. I think it would be fine for my Jackson because he doesn’t eat any of my plants but my veiled does so this is why I’m curious.

Polka dot plants are on the CA list of safe plants. No idea about the other.
F60BB308-4E4A-4DF9-A1DB-C8A8FB6676D3.jpeg 6C5E5E6F-5252-4EF1-994B-214CED5BFC49.jpeg

Thank you for the charts. Those are very helpful and I’ll save those. Yeah I seen that poka dot plants should be safe. But I’m not for sure of the Florida beauty could be safe even though it has mild toxic properties to dogs and cats. I know that Veileds have been know to eat mildy toxic plants from their native home and we do not what all is really considered toxic to them. I was just curious to see if any one else had used them with success bc I’m trying to get some plants that need minimal sunlight. I’m planning to fill my tanks with pothos plants but I need something until I get enough starts from those to fill them up.

Also I think I may have a different classification of poka dot plant. I seen those exact kind but I got the smaller pink ones. I guess that doesn’t make a difference?

I just looked up about the Florida beauty...seems there’s two - a dracanae and a philodendron. Both dracanae and philodendron are generally safe, but there may be exceptions.

Back
Top Bottom