Flightless fruit flies question

The hatchlings are able to take both easily. Whatever is available to you. I have used them in the past but prefer pinhead crickets. The fruitflies can climb up the tub walls and escape where the crickets can't. Keep in mind that a fruit fly will die when they escape but it's harder to keep track of how much the hatchlings eat.

The hatchlings are able to take both easily. Whatever is available to you. I have used them in the past but prefer pinhead crickets. The fruitflies can climb up the tub walls and escape where the crickets can't. Keep in mind that a fruit fly will die when they escape but it's harder to keep track of how much the hatchlings eat.
I was planning on making a tiny bowl or something they can’t climb out of to train the babies to eat from it but if not I have plenty of time on my hands to sit and watch them eat and catch any flies that may try to escape. Thank you

Fruitfly is also smaller than the pinheads so its more suitable for the newlyborn babies to digest in their tiny little system.

Back
Top Bottom