flightless fruit flies, and domestic house flies

John33871

are flightless fruit flies, and domestic house flies hard to feed and place into your chameleon’s set up? when i mean feed i mean to the chameleon. also do they escape ever when you have put them inside the cage? im going to get a new chameleon and the place im going to get it from also includes flightless fruit flies, and domestic house flies. so i just wanted to know if they are a hard feeder to introduce to the chameleon and place inside the cage, thanks

They are not hard to feed to your chameleon. I dust the fruit flies and then shake them off in the center of my plant. After gut loading the domestic house flies they can be put in the bottom of the fridge for about 5 minutes, just prior to feeding. After 5 minutes you take them out and let how many you want to feed to your chameleon crawl out into the enclosure. The flies will crawl from being cooled. Hope this helps.

After the flies crawl, they recover and.. fly. So, be careful about how many you feed at once. You will eventually need to get back into your chameleon's cage, and as soon as that door is open.. out they scoot. Might want to have a vacuum handy as well.

Fruit flies tend to stick around a bit better if you provide them with fruit. I drop a stabbed grape into the enclosures when I feed them to my animals. The chameleons learn pretty quickly where the cafe is located.. :)

Heika

if they escape, then it takes a while to catch them and kill them, and sometimes if you have a massive ff escape, then they get EVERWERE.

is the mesh or wire around your cage thick or thin? anyways im just going to give them a try. the ffs come with the package im getting. so it wont hurt just to try them for once and see it they work for me. thanks for your comments tho about how they can escape.

is the mesh or wire around your cage thick or thin? anyways im just going to give them a try. the ffs come with the package im getting. so it wont hurt just to try them for once and see it they work for me. thanks for your comments tho about how they can escape.

be very careful, they can escape through even the smallest mesh.

ok ill be careful ill just try a few of them at a time or feed them to my chameleon when i have him out, ill just let him pick them off that way so that i can see him eat them and make sure they dont escape.

Back
Top Bottom