Flexarium (Mesh Viv) help

She has a veiled chameleon.
The night time temperatures in their natural habitat approach (and reach) freezing. (0 degrees celsius).

-Brad

But this does not mean you can let your cham sit in freezing temps all day. You need to give them a chance to warm up so they can metabolize food and water.

oh u have no heating..that sucks..

You'd think that was part of every home in the UK but now I've learnt that it isn't.

Thanks everyone for your comments and suggestions. Summoner you're very right, without heat he will not be able to digest his food etc and this is why I'm so concerned, besides the point that he'll be physically cold. I have decided to turn to insulation - maybe polystyrene board and possibly a blanket to try and keep the heat in. If that doesn't work I'll start trying out all the cardboard ideas etc. Thanks so much everyone!

But this does not mean you can let your cham sit in freezing temps all day. You need to give them a chance to warm up so they can metabolize food and water.

That's what a basking lamp is for.
I'm not advocating keeping veileds at freezing temperatures.
Not having any heat in the house is a problem.
I assume you use or can use electric space heaters? That's how I would address the problem.

-Brad

Back
Top Bottom