Flex seal on top of Drylok to smooth out floor?

alycious

Hello! I'm converting and armoire into an enclosure and have finished sealing the inside with 3 coats of drylok original. As you probably know, (I didn't know 😝) it leaves a really textured and gritty base which will make for cleaning the bottom tricky and it would tear any towels up. So I was wondering if i put some flex seal on top of the Drylok layer on the floor, if that would smooth out the rough texture enough so I could wipe the bottom clean when the time comes?

Or any other ideas for a smoothing/leveling compound to use instead. I'd prefer not to use a tray inside as the size isn't common and would cost alot of money for a custom size. Thanks!

Flex seal leaves a tacky rubbery feel even when dry similar to caulk. Good product and could probably be wiped clean without issue, but I imagine if it was dry, the paper towels would tear as we’ll sometimes.

I would ensure the drylok is fully cured before adding flex seal on top. Flex seal dries smoother and will still need a cure time. You do not want to add anything to the enclosure until there is no odor left. Typically it can take a week for all odors to dissipate.

I would ensure the drylok is fully cured before adding flex seal on top. Flex seal dries smoother and will still need a cure time. You do not want to add anything to the enclosure until there is no odor left. Typically it can take a week for all odors to dissipate.
That's fine! I don't have a chameleon yet. I'm slowly building the enclosure up now so I don't have to rush.

Hello! I'm converting and armoire into an enclosure and have finished sealing the inside with 3 coats of drylok original. As you probably know, (I didn't know 😝) it leaves a really textured and gritty base which will make for cleaning the bottom tricky and it would tear any towels up. So I was wondering if i put some flex seal on top of the Drylok layer on the floor, if that would smooth out the rough texture enough so I could wipe the bottom clean when the time comes?

Or any other ideas for a smoothing/leveling compound to use instead. I'd prefer not to use a tray inside as the size isn't common and would cost alot of money for a custom size. Thanks!
Before applying flex seal, it is important to make sure that the drylok has completely cured. I've written an analysis about Drylok Vs Flex Seal, hope it helps!
https://www.stickyaides.com/drylok-vs-flex-seal/

Attachments

• 2024-01-09_142940.jpg
    2024-01-09_142940.jpg
    475.2 KB · Views: 14
Back
Top Bottom