FL Monthly Cham Owner Meeting Anyone????

Every month I see how much fun our west coast members have at their monthly meetings and wondered if any of you FL chameleon folks would like to get together and start something like that here for us?????? I for one would love to get together with other chameleon owners. Jann

I was hoping the SBCK pics would spark interest in others to organize their own "Chameleon Keepers" meetings. This was my first meeting and it was great. No matter if it were concerns or questions, there were so many good people that could give you their views and opinions. The meeting eventually sounded just like a party, there were so many people laughing and talking!

Last edited:
Agreed. The meetings are always a blast, and it's really awesome to share information first hand in person, it makes a huge difference.

As far as driving goes, I know FL can be a big state, but alot of the SBCK members drive from some pretty far out places and through some crappy LA traffic to get there.

It's only once a month, but the socializing, information gained, and bug trading seems to be really worth it.

If you check the lizard lounge (under Forums at the top) You'll see this every month........they have it the last Tuesday of each month. Below it the link to the one they just had. Jann
https://www.chameleonforums.com/march-31st-tues-south-22391/

Also some pics from their last meeting: https://www.chameleonforums.com/sbck-meeting-pictures-last-22992/

Camer, using your mouse, just click on the sentence(s) that are in blue. It will take you to the "Thread". You can only click on one sentence at a time. Then when you want to close that link, click on the red "X" on the top right hand corner. It will take you back to the page you began on.

Hope that helps.

Yes, thank you it did help. I saw your phtos and hope we can get a meeting together for FL too.

Lol, this is awesome. I am crossing my finger for FCC (Florida Chameleon Community -I thought of using "Chameleon Keeper" but the acronym does not turn out good :eek: :D. So, i used "community" instead).

Perhaps, once a year, SBCK and FCC can join and form a big group? :p

Lol, this is awesome. I am crossing my finger for FCC (Florida Chameleon Community -I thought of using "Chameleon Keeper" but the acronym does not turn out good :eek: :D. So, i used "community" instead).

That would be the sweetest barbeque ever.

Hahaha, too bad about that acronym.

I was thinking the same thing about us all meeting. We could all meet up somewhere in the middle. Find a nice hotel, buy a block of rooms (always a discount there),and book one of their banquet rooms for the meeting.

I like that name.....hopefully we will be able to get something going here.

Hey - I'll be going to Florida in May for a friend's wedding(venice Beach). I would be glad to take some time to drive to a meeting, if anyone was putting one on around the 15Th of may - in the Ft. Meyers area.

It's probably the only time I'll get a chance to go to Florida this year, unless my wife leaves me.

I think we're going to Siesta Key - can't wait.

If we can get 10 to 12 keeper that commit to come we will try to hold our first meeting mid May........I will try to find something in Orlando for the first meeting and at that time we can discuss when, where and how often we want to meet. Please give me your feedback on this idea. Jann

Jann,

It sounds like you all are serious and funny enough I was just thinking of the same thing. I'm interesting in assisting with whatever I can to get this going. Let me know if you want to disucss this offline. I'm not sure who else is involved etc...

Thanks,

Luis

Jann,

It sounds like you all are serious and funny enough I was just thinking of the same thing. I'm interesting in assisting with whatever I can to get this going. Let me know if you want to disucss this offline. I'm not sure who else is involved etc...

Thanks,

Luis

I will take all of the help I can get. Where do you live? PM sent

Jann

Back
Top Bottom