Fit two jackson chams one male female same enclosure?

I am not sure, but that is a huge cage. I would say it's a good possibility. You could probably fit like 1.3 in that so the females could have some break time from the male.

If it was just 1.1 then that female may become stressed with the male always wanting to have sex.

I am not sure, but that is a huge cage. I would say it's a good possibility. You could probably fit like 1.3 in that so the females could have some break time from the male.

If it was just 1.1 then that female may become stressed with the male always wanting to have sex.

so is it really important to put another female with the male or is it fine as a 1.1 though iam worried about stressing out the female but i do know the cage is huge for them but of course more space the better right?

Personaly no it's a bad Idea to house them together and that Viv isn't that big really as there both going to be next to each other under the basking bulb

4 foot tall would be plenty, if you wanted to house two together it would have to be the size of your living room and then still every now and then there going to cross paths an they may be fine or they may fight depending on the mood, there are many reasons why a chameleons average life span is about 2 or less in the wild and this is one of them, in captivity we do what we can to improve there life and not stress them and this is just one of them things that isn't worth it in the long run

i have to disagree on putting 2, let alone "1.3" in there.

2x2x4' is good space for a single male. 2x2x6 he will be plenty comfortable.

I would not put 2 in a cage of that size. I currently free-range 2 (a female panther and male jacksons, so breeding isn't an issue) in a 3'x3'x8' free-range and based on their behavior I find it barely acceptable. I used to house 3 in the same (3x3x8) and they would constantly show stress and leave the area. It didn't work too well I had to remove one.

On a side note, if you are concerned with finding a bunch of "cheap" chameleons, I think you are starting on the wrong foot in this hobby. Just my 2 cents.

hello i was wondering if you could house one male jackson and one female jackson together in a 24"x24"x6'?

The size of the cage isn't going to drive the best decision...what WILL drive it is having the female constantly "available" to the male and how much they would need to compete for the best lighting, drinking areas, humid hiding areas, feeding stations, and basking spots. A 1:1 pair doesn't always get along either, mating or not. If they do mate you would need to separate the gravid female anyway. IMHO, that size cage isn't large enough to allow the female to get away from the male enough of the time, and if they can see each other they will stress each other unless you are lucky enough to have very mellow individuals. I think what I would try to do is create a large segmentedcage that you can open up or close to give both chams some much needed social down time. Let your available space dictate how large each segment can be.

i have to disagree on putting 2, let alone "1.3" in there.

2x2x4' is good space for a single male. 2x2x6 he will be plenty comfortable.

Agreed

I would not put 2 in a cage of that size. I currently free-range 2 (a female panther and male jacksons, so breeding isn't an issue) in a 3'x3'x8' free-range and based on their behavior I find it barely acceptable. I used to house 3 in the same (3x3x8) and they would constantly show stress and leave the area. It didn't work too well I had to remove one.

Agreed

On a side note, if you are concerned with finding a bunch of "cheap" chameleons, I think you are starting on the wrong foot in this hobby. Just my 2 cents.

Really agree,

I paid $35 for my veiled and got really lucky. after just under a year
I have paid out around $500-$600 on various items not including feeders.

Support responsible pet ownership and do your research, then do some more:)

best wishes and good luck

chris

Back
Top Bottom